the Rift

[PRIVATE] invisible

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
ranjiri
                                                   calmness is the cradle of power

As I stand here watching over you I can't help but think that it must have been the gods who led me to you on the beach. I was at a point in my life where I was so unhappy and burdened with so much guilt that there were days that I didn't even want to function. And there you were, crumpled and crying in the sand, disregarded by the family that should have loved you. We were both broken souls searching for someone to fix us and we found each other and, together, we took a step in the direction we wanted our lives to go in. You wanted someone to love you, tell you that you were beautiful, protect you, and I wanted someone to love as unconditionally as my father loved me.

You look so peaceful while you're asleep. The lines that I see etched into your face are no longer present and you look like the innocent child you are. Pain isn't plaguing you, nor is there any worry or fear. I wonder what it is that you worry about and the only conclusion that I can come to is that you're scared that I'm going to leave you. I can promise you that will never happen because I intend to keep you by my side until you want to go off on your own and make your own life. And even then I'll keep you tucked away in my heart.

I wonder if you understand just how much you've helped me in the short time that I've had you with me. You've given me something to live for, made me want to strive to better myself so that I can be the best I can possibly be for you. Because of you I've reconnected with my brother and begun to carve out my own place in a herd. You are the reason that I don't let my self pity devour me because I cannot help you if I cannot help myself and I've promised you that I would take care of you. If there was only one promise in this life that I were allowed to keep it would be that one.

The sun has begun to rise and the sky is painted brilliant shades of yellow, orange, and gold. I spread my wing to shield you from the early morning rays and allow you to sleep and regain your energy because its been a long couple of days for us. The sun is well above the horizon when I finally stand and move toward the lake to get a drink of water. When my thirst is quenched I turn and look at you, my innocent baby sleeping so contentedly.

For much of your short life you've been silent, content to watch the world and be a spectator instead of a participant. I won't allow that and you may hate me for it for a short time but you've been invisible for long enough. Its time for you to step out into the world and let everyone know who you are. You are Ryuu and you are not invisible anymore.

"."
@[Ryuu]
Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
invisible - by Ranjiri - 05-20-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: invisible - by Ryuu - 05-26-2014, 10:31 PM
RE: invisible - by Ranjiri - 05-29-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: invisible - by Ryuu - 07-04-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: invisible - by Ranjiri - 07-29-2014, 10:29 PM