the Rift

[OPEN] when i was younger

Semira Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Yearling
Kachie
It was a lucky thing indeed that her attention had been so focused upon the colt and not upon her friend, or she might have been inclined to scamper clear of the angry stud. Only an ear was tilted though toward his angered form, only vague awareness from glimpses in her peripheral vision hinting at the overabundance of rage and male temper tantrums surrounding the silver child. The sudden press of a larger body against her side, the heat of a neck thrust across her back, was nearly enough to startle her. But the potential threat of the unicorn was more than sufficient to keep her standing still even as some part of her mind wondered in wary awe at the ferocity that her lean young form was holding back by her mere presence. Doubtful though that the youngster would have realized just how lucky he was that she had arrived when she had, that the dragon filly acted as a uncrossable boundary for the painted stallion.

A twitch of her ears betrayed her hearing of the curse spouted after the unicorn, before she turned to watch Dragomir. Some small part of her envied the energy with which he prowled back and forth, a massive predator without prey to devour, the same small part of her that still bemoaned the ache in her shoulders and wings even in the midst of the heat and excitement. Her stance widened slightly, steadying her weary body even as she stood before a sight that was far from common to her. Contemplations of the stranger were brief before the concerns of what exactly Dragomir would do next.

It was a small relief that he merely paced restlessly back and forth. But still her ears were tilted back warily, long tail sweeping back and forth. "He mentioned drakes, not dragons. They are not the same. I... remember when the dragons found trace of drakes here. There was so much anger..." She shivered at the memory, shivered again at the darkness in her friend's laughter. This side of him... unsettled her. In an effort to calm him she stepped forward, hurrying her steps to fall into stride with him. Then she reached out her muzzle toward his neck, shifting half a stride closer so she could brush against his side. "He's gone now, Dragomir. You don't need to be angry anymore."
[Image: 538fd70b3d28e]

Messages In This Thread
when i was younger - by Azarel - 05-21-2014, 12:34 PM
RE: when i was younger - by Dragomir - 05-23-2014, 09:29 AM
RE: when i was younger - by Azarel - 05-23-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: when i was younger - by Dragomir - 05-29-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: when i was younger - by Azarel - 06-01-2014, 08:41 AM
RE: when i was younger - by Semira - 06-02-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: when i was younger - by Dragomir - 06-02-2014, 12:40 PM
RE: when i was younger - by Azarel - 06-02-2014, 04:19 PM
RE: when i was younger - by Semira - 06-02-2014, 04:31 PM
RE: when i was younger - by Dragomir - 06-04-2014, 11:00 AM