the Rift

The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any]

Flicker Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She could only spare a moment's thought to the footsteps behind her, an ear flicked back in anxious curiosity. It didn't matter to her if it was a pegasus come to cast her out, or a Throat member come to kill her, now that her master was gone; her pale eyes focused on the dying lion, and hell or high water would not tear her away from his side. She had seen death before - the death of her parents, the death of her friends - and somehow, it always hurt her as much as the last time. But something about this, something about the fall of Ra... this was to much. Something was breaking inside the slender mare, something warm and cheerful. For a moment, for this moment, she felt empty.

Flick. She nearly jumped at the lion's voice, quickly lowering her face to his side. Flick didn't realize it, but she was shaking like a candle flame as she stared at the fallen Ra, soft nose inches away from his cheek. "Ra... I'm here." The footsteps continued behind her, and a soft voice permeated the air. But still, Flicker did not heed it, didn't care. She was waiting for Ra to speak again, her leonine tail lashing anxiously behind her, cloven hooves shifting uncomfortably on the ground. His breathing was shallow, and hers unconsciously shifted to match, her dark sides rising and falling quickly as she strained to hear him. Some explanation, some reason for why he became what he did...

For love.

"For... love?" There was something off about her voice, something wrong. Something broken. She was calm, now, calm and still; indeed, she seemed to have stopped moving entirely. Only her eyes, blinking fiercely, forcing back tears, betrayed the life still inside the little mare. Then, again, "Love?" It was a whisper, but now the whisper was full of emotion. It held within it all of her incredulous pain, all of her rage. It spoke of her horror at his betrayal, her longing for him to return to what she once knew... she had never been able to hold her emotions secret. She could not now.

She snapped.

"LOVE?! Love for whom? You've only ever loved yourself!" Rage, rage, her voice was drenched in it. Even though he was no doubt gone, far beyond the veil of her reach, Flicker's voice lashed out at the fallen beast. "And what about me?! What of my love? Oh, Ra the Mighty Lion - well fuck you, Ra! I loved you, once! I loved you and you beat me for it! You were a terrible leader, and you drove your herd into the ground! Nobody fought by your side! You died alone. Nobody loves you." She fell to her knees now, dust forming beneath her as her body struck the ground, sides heaving as her anger dissipated, replaced with cold, empty pain. She was dimly aware of Mirage behind her, and part of her wanted nothing more than to wrap herself around the older mare who had been so kind to poor Flick, to disappear with her and find a place away from the Throat, a safe place. Tears welled in her eyes once more, and a finally she addressed Mirage, perhaps too softly for the older mare to hear... "I thought I could save him."

Messages In This Thread
The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Ink - 06-05-2012, 12:23 AM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Flicker - 06-06-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Mirage - 06-08-2012, 03:32 AM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Ink - 06-11-2012, 02:07 AM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Flicker - 06-13-2012, 11:52 PM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Mirage - 06-14-2012, 08:06 PM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Flicker - 06-18-2012, 10:42 PM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Mirage - 06-20-2012, 03:29 AM