the Rift

The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Maybe freedom was an illusion, maybe in some way or another, it was a myth, one that everyone always strove for but never truly obtained. After all, one is always controlled by something; some external force was forever present to alter the way one might have originally planned on doing things. The natural elements, the hierarchy of the herd one might live in, the laws of the land overall, all were added elements working against the notion of freedom. But surely freedom of choice existed, the freedom to choose whether these elements affected you or not?

Maybe freedom was indeed just an illusion, but then, so was Mirage.

The little shadow leaned back as the young belle shifted her weight, and with small shreds of approval evident in her golden gaze she watched the other mare regain her composure and outlook on the world. She made to speak, her query causing Mirage to shake her head from side to side gently, admitting she knew very little of Ra, aside from him leading the Order of the Sun. The Moon Goddess had mentioned him, and it was only now that Mirage found it odd that the Goddess should know of him at all. Silently she assigned the task of posing the query to the divine Goddess to herself, her curiosity for wanting to know more about the past so that such mistakes might not be repeated clear.

Flicker spoke, and her story surprised Mirage, though the mare did not show it.

So Ra was capable of kindness, actual, genuine kindness, though he seemed to be plagued by guilt for it. He loved, as he had claimed in his last breath, even Flicker could see it. But what love could drive him to such extremes? This is most unusual, it makes no sense, I shall seek out my divine Lady and see if she can clear my confusion with her wisdom. The shadowy mare listened with interest, even though the one telling the tale seemed only vaguely aware that she had an audience. Mirage was happy to see her at peace, at least a more peaceful countenance than the one she had mere moments before.

“Thank you for telling me, Flicker.” She murmured quietly.

“It is never too late to save yourself. Rid yourself of this guilt, and embrace life.” The mare commented, her tones warm and potentially leading on to other things. “I want only to help you, Flicker, you have the protection of the Qian, and my friendship – two things you needn’t ever question.” Touching her muzzle to the belle’s nape, Mirage blew warm air affectionately over her. Whether she longed to swear herself to Mirage or not, the mare would extend the band’s hospitality to the youth.

Messages In This Thread
The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Ink - 06-05-2012, 12:23 AM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Flicker - 06-06-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Mirage - 06-08-2012, 03:32 AM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Ink - 06-11-2012, 02:07 AM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Flicker - 06-13-2012, 11:52 PM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Mirage - 06-14-2012, 08:06 PM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Flicker - 06-18-2012, 10:42 PM
RE: The Fall of the Sun [Flick, any] - by Mirage - 06-20-2012, 03:29 AM