Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

K T U L U
It's hiding in the dark
It's teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me
It wants my soul,
It wants my heart

Sweat slicked sides heaved as the young mare strained to expel the foal from her body. Her labor had begun in the early hours of the morning and it was now nearing noon and the foal still had not greeted the world. Ktulu grunted and groaned and kicked her legs all in an effort to force the foal from her body. The mare lifted her head and craned her neck to look behind and see if any progress was being made with the foal. She felt as if there were none, but in looking back she could see front legs emerging from beneath her tail. Ktulu allowed her head to rest on the ground once more, her crimson eyes squeezing shut as she continued to push.

Several minutes later the foal slid from the birth canal and a landed in a tangle of long legs and wings behind her. Ktulu took a moment to catch her breath before she forced herself to stand on shaky legs and turn to her son. Her head lowered and she bumped her muzzle against his forehead and lovingly nibbled at his forelock. "Hototo." She murmured as she traced her muzzle over the curved ram horns and the downy wings that he got from his father.

Her tongue swiped over his frail body as she cleaned him and tried to urge him to stand and drink. It felt surreal to be cleaning a foal let alone one of her own that she'd had with the God of the Earth. She wondered idly if he would arrive and greet his child on the day of his birth.

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
son of the earth [hototo, ophelia, earth god, open] - by Ktulu - 08-21-2012, 04:44 PM