the Rift

[OPEN] fade and then return

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
<style type="text/css">.wrapper {background: #607B8E;width: 640px;padding: 20px;}.img {}.container {background: #020307;width: 600px;padding: 20px;padding-bottom: 5px;}.messagebox {background: rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.7);width: 600px;margin-top: 20px;}.message {padding: 10px;color: #000;font: 13px 'Times New Roman', serif;text-align: justify;}.name {font: 26px 'Cinzel', serif;color: #F7FBFA;padding-top: 5px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.7); }.parentage {font: italic 14px 'Times New Roman', serif;color: rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.6);margin-top: -10px;}</style>
A snort alerted the silver-eyed Mesec that his suspicions that the caves were empty had proven false. Had he missed this stranger when he had first arrived? Or perhaps he had descended while Mesec had explored and they had just missed each other. He had hoped that it was the latter, his eyes were too accustomed to the dark to miss something as blatant as a fellow equid in a close vicinity.

But wait, this was not quite a stranger.

Perhaps the red-touched youth was not the familiar face that Mesec had been hoping to see, not even among the first dozen that might have come to his mind, but the fact that it was a familiar face was oddly comforting. He had felt too removed from the world over the past seasons (a justified feeling, as he quite literally was) but here was a little piece of where he had been before. Indeed, this unicorn had been one of the last he had seen before being beckoned by his mother.

And he was friendly too. Mesec knew he could have escaped with relative ease if things turned out otherwise, but there was comfort in that polite, confident voice. “Oh no, that’s alright. I was just checking to see if anyone was still down here - so you answered my question for me.” A small smile then, thankful for this chance at company. Thankful that there were signs that at least a part of the world was safe still. “I see your egg hatched.” The comment was a little awkward in the delivery, blurted out suddenly as soon as he spotted the fox curled upon the charcoal back. The companion set off a sense of awe in the colt and he tried not to stare too blatantly. To think that fox was once little more than an egg just a short time ago.

There was a quick cough to clear his throat and a shake of his head to clear that too, followed soon by a second attempt at conversation - the words thankfully coming more smoothly this time. “I don’t think we were introduced last time…” A pause and a glance, checking to see if this was correct. If not, then the time away must have had the unfortunate side effect of having some of his memory leak out. “I’m Mesec.”

@[Sacre]
mesec
child of the moon

image credit
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
fade and then return - by Mesec - 05-22-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: fade and then return - by Sacre - 05-22-2014, 05:54 PM
RE: fade and then return - by Mesec - 05-29-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: fade and then return - by Florabella - 06-01-2014, 01:56 PM
RE: fade and then return - by Sacre - 06-04-2014, 07:27 PM