the Rift

[OPEN] Stories in the stone...

Cealestis Posts: 50
Hidden Falls Genetrix I atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 HH :: 11 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skýlos :: Pit Bull :: None Bunnie
I’m back here, in this dark place with ruddy red light bleeding across my bodice and tinting me lavender in the flickering shadows, my mental bond with Skýlos telling me that she is not far off in a nearby cavern and has found something that greatly amuses her. Its best that she is distracted; I myself have no room left in my thoughts for her whims of fanciful capriciousness, my eyes sweeping across the stone face that Quilyan had mentioned those long months ago when he and I had first discussed the writing with… Tangerine? Tangaree?

No, Tangere. I hadn’t cared for her then and obviously my heart has softened none towards her in our absence from one another.

My focus is held upon the top line, the etchings seemingly the most archaic in their structure and the oldest in the room if the way they have worn is any evidence. There is a circle drawn at the very peak of it all with radiating lines rising from its circumference, initially believed to be a sun until I took note of the various, squiggled etchings within the circle itself that mirrored land masses. It was a world, then, and below it four more symbols, one of which was indeed a Sun, its centre marked with flames; the other three are also indicative of Gods of nature, a water drop encircling a tree bough or a Moon rising along the edge of a cliff face, rippling lines of wind streaking its picture, lastly a bolt of lightning ensnared by the lines of a time keeping device.

It’s very basic, at least this far. It seems the people of this land had first tried to draw a picture for every word to describe their origins, the Gods leading way to pictures that seemed to describe the lands that existed here; the pictures suggest, if I read them correctly, that the earth was made in the same day as the four Gods, and that the Gods gave life to the lands their people came to live in. I know from my flight that there are four lands in this kingdom that house enough members to call them herds, though I have stepped hoof in only one; most intriguing about this story is that the mountain land to the north is not included as a place that was shared with the Storm God’s people; the lines running from his image in the stone to his homeland end there, leading not to a small etching of several horses standing alongside each other but rather a circle with the core carved out of it and lines running from the right and left.

Its here I’ve become stuck.

There are no etchings that seem to explain why it is the Spark’s kingdom was filled with nothingness rather than life as that of his siblings, but it is all I can decide that they mean and so I sigh restlessly in my inability to come to a logical conclusion. I guess I shouldn’t stress it so deeply; surely it will explain more of this conundrum deeper into the story, as I’ve barely made it past the first month of life in the world as the ancient Helovians had come to view it.

"Well, then let’s see…" I muse aloud, lowering to the next row that seems to discuss the powers granted to the first people of each land, suggesting that once the power of the God of each place had been allotted only to those who knew their love and comfort, until I find a universal symbol that shows the magic dispersing across the same image of the earth that had been written at the peak of it all. All these things happened with one another, is my conclusion. The earth was made, the Gods were born, and from them came the people and great power. It then becomes harder to decipher what is being told as it seems the stone workers discovered that there were far too many words to have a symbol for each; the etchings become more reminiscent of those in the Glowing Room, though still not quite as advanced, as the tale relies heavily on large symbols that are whole words rather than letters.

I glance over my shoulder at the faint light pouring in from the entrance to the hole in Helovia’s Heart, deciding the day is slipping by slowly enough that I can spend an hour or two more learning how to read the great tale that wraps all about this underground haven.

[ OOC: Open for any! <3 ]

C e a l e s t i s</style>
who knows how deep the heart runs</style>
Credits
Magic/physical violence allowed to be used upon Cealestis at any time, so long as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.

Messages In This Thread
Stories in the stone... - by Cealestis - 05-23-2014, 10:46 AM
RE: Stories in the stone... - by Oberon2 - 06-04-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: Stories in the stone... - by Tangere - 06-05-2014, 06:48 AM
RE: Stories in the stone... - by Cealestis - 06-09-2014, 11:51 AM