the Rift

Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

The unicorn before us speaks in the same riddles as I. I can sense you drawing closer to him as if comforted by the familiarity of solely his pattern of speech. You are a fool to think that he who speaks as I is to be trusted. You are a fool to even trust me. Do I not render you weak and lash you with chains forged of my own complex denial? It is unfair that I treat you this way, that my love for you has reared its ugly head and transformed into torture. Why do you stay by my side, why do you insist on loving me so unconditionally even when I tear you down?

Perhaps that is why I cannot look you in the eye most days- perhaps that is why you do not sleep beside me, but pace on the chain that I solder too tautly to a tree to allow you to even rest upon your haunches. To lower yourself would be to choke yourself, and thus each night while I rest and pretend to sleep, you pace. It had never occurred to me until this moment that even freed, you would lie awake at my side to protect me. The thought of such loyalty sickens me.

I find myself turning from the stranger even as you draw closer, and my staggering, halting gait leads me farther from the scene and towards the direction of the dead. "For the dead, of course," I answer reluctantly and sternly, as if I've just corrected him after he has given me the wrong answer to a very simple question. I turn away from the stallion, unable to find him interesting any longer. You, however, linger until I call you back with a sharp command. "Pyr!" I spit angrily, longing for you to betray me, yet hating you for ever leaving my side. Even I cannot fathom my expectation for your actions. I stay close by to the stranger, leather clad unicorn, but my attention is no longer focused upon him. I begin now to overturn rocks and kick up dust as I search for the remains that you have supposedly led me to.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 08-25-2012, 10:18 PM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 09-12-2012, 11:37 AM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Prometheus - 09-14-2012, 12:15 AM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 09-14-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 09-16-2012, 01:45 AM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 10-30-2012, 01:18 PM