the Rift

Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

That hiss brings me utter satisfaction, and I allow a slight smile to crawl across my features. It is a familiar, lovely sound that the metal makes as it burns the flesh of an arrogant soul. I have dabbled myself in the experience of the metal's touch, but I feel nothing. I walk through fire and emerge unscathed, feeling as if I am a god, knowing that I am the creation of one. It is an odd sensation to walk through the doors of death without collapsing.

A bone comes into view and I instantly send you towards it with a tug of chains. Why not let you take care of the inspection- I have more pressing matters to deal with. Like what, for instance, to do with a tied up, leather-clad mortal. My eyes glint with a sort of mischief as he speaks to me of bargains. Ha! As if he is in a position to bargain, as if he or anyone else ever could be. But, I am curious- I have always been a soul that wonders what follows the unanswered question. I cannot help myself, I must pursue his line of questioning.

"If you aided me in my search for The Bird's wings, what would you ask of me?" I reply in a soft, vicious whisper. My face expresses curiosity, my head tilts on its side, and my white eyes seem to shine even more brightly. You return to my side with an empty mouth and a look of fear. I expect that you've found nothing, then. And then the unicorn before me dares to question my motives. He calls me confused- confused! I am a creature of utter conviction and complete knowledge. To doubt me is to doubt the very intentions of the gods, to doubt one's own vision. Only failing eyes could see me as a dream, only ailing minds could understand me as a creature of incompetence. What pointless wastes of air- the chains tighten their grip on all that they hold. From the metal that has begun to pool at my hooves is formed a thin, sharp chain, limp and shining in the faint light of the surroundings. It whips quickly, roughly, and strikes you between the shoulders. Instantly fur parts and the space between wells up with blood. You shudder and your legs threaten to fail you.

I look at him, the chain dangling before me again, dripping with your lifeblood. It shudders with my breath, dancing in the space between myself and the fool. It will take nothing more than a blink to send it flying between his eyes- nothing more than another wrong word to break flesh. "Do not doubt my intentions, mortal!" comes my warning, filled with a venomous hatred reserved only for those who dare challenge my right to sovereignty.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 08-25-2012, 10:18 PM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 09-12-2012, 11:37 AM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 09-14-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 09-16-2012, 01:45 AM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Prometheus - 09-19-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 10-30-2012, 01:18 PM