the Rift

Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable
The curious mutter skips across the cold cliff wind and instantly I lift my crown to face the speaker. There is decidedly nothing dead about him, save, perhaps, for the pelts of kills slung across his back. I feel no respect; for some reason he seems young. Perhaps it is his lack of education on the manner of magic that makes him seem so foolish to me. Has he not seen the undead before, has he never walked the bank of the spectral marsh and observed the afterlife? Surely it cannot be me alone who does this. I allow him no slack, he is judged harshly and as a result my eyes stiffen and squint.

I am alone in so many other aspects of my life, how is it possible that I can continue to be viewed in this manner? I am old now, older than than I have ever felt, and yet the insistence of the many that I am to be treated as a child, understood as a new creation, is commonplace. I am to live forever, a god among mortals... and yet they consider me pitiful. Interesting.

Violence arises within me, heating the depths of my soul and forcing my hooves, cloven and chipped, to lift and strike against the stone beneath. You lean closer to me, perhaps seeking comfort in the strangers and revealing to me that you are what I believe; no more than a coward. Both of us know that this is not the case, that in truth you are stronger and more loyal than I. I have seen you put yourself in the face of danger for my sake alone, watched you suffer under the crushing weight of my chains without complaint. To deny you know... what sort of cruelty would that be?

But I cannot bring myself to accept the affection. You walk from my side and approach the pair before us, the leather clad stallion and the falcon on his back, but your touch lingers. At the thought of it I quiver and find it difficult to stand- any mention of it would unleash the wild fury slowly gathering in my tattered breast. I watch with barely contained emotion as your tail lifts and twitches, as your eyes focus on the stallion before us. I recognize the stance, one I have seen so many times before, and yet I cannot bear to see it today.

With ease I summon the seer's fire. The chains cradling you heat and burn fur, and you are left stolidly clenching a killer's teeth and suppressing a cry of pain. I surpass you in body and mind, simply not in heart. But of what use is a beating heart, a feeling heart? What could such a thing possibly do to aid the dead?

I sense the eyes of the jester upon me and instantaneously my gaze is lifted to meet his again. My faded red hooves pick across the earth and my eyes, pale, sickly, attempt to haunt his vision. I wonder if he understands the validity of my presence, sees me as an illusion or a monster come to life. I draw closer still, likely suffocating him with the scent of the hanging, decomposing flesh that is draped across my skeleton. Behind me I hear your whimpers, now uncontainable, but I do not relent. I will never relent. My focus rests on the stallion before me, coated in death yet apparently still unable to grasp the concept. In a shimmering moment my coat is an undisturbed red and white, my horn reaches higher and my tail appears as a magnificent whip. I am more powerful than he, with the potential for life and death both at my disposal. What has he, other than a dumfounded look upon his expression?

I find myself once more scoffing at mortality, and the disdain for it pulls the chain tighter before cooling it rapidly. I have come looking for death, and I stand here now it's representative. But why, I consider with a glance back to my suffering shadow, "why have they come?"

[thank you, yours as well <3]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 08-25-2012, 10:18 PM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Prometheus - 09-11-2012, 06:44 AM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 09-12-2012, 11:37 AM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 09-14-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 09-16-2012, 01:45 AM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: Bird with a Broken Neck [Questing: Coris] - by Coris - 10-30-2012, 01:18 PM