the Rift

Cracking and cracked.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia</style>

quote quote quote

I gazed at my two current companions. They grey mare was polite, and I wondered how she had lost that wing of hers? I turn my head away, observing the black mare. I found that I tended to radiate my feelings, through some flaw in my pretty facade. I came in with confidence, but I may leave, finding that my original confidence had been foolish, and deceiving.

But I would try my best. It would help of course, if I had back up on this one. Then in response to my introduction the black mare in front of me spoke. “It looks like I’ve fallen into an oddly proper place.” My ears flick forward, catching her words in the well formed curves.

"Proper? Possibly. Odd? Completely." I respond to her comment, before listening to her speak again. “Where I grew up, I was told not to just hand my name out to strangers- dark magics can screw with you if you’re not careful.”

I smile, a cold smile. "A very true point..." I say quietly. "But, if we all where to take others names and do dark things with them, we wouldn't have any friends. I suppose that is why most of us do not do such dark things with names then. Where I grew up, giving a name was to gain others trust, while you gave trust to them. After all, you cannot gain trust until you give it." I felt like I had rambled on a little, but it was the truth from my perspective. From her perspective I could surely be giving a fake name, where as I could also be trying to earn hers to do awful things with. I may be cruel, but that was beyond my level of cruelty.

I took names to gain friends, those to support me, to hold me up when I needed them. I would have to do the same for them, I knew that. But I did not use the practice of taking names and using them to hurt others.

And so I looked over at the dapple Pegasus. "You are wise to take that stance." She said, and then continued on.
"Though I assure you no such wickedness darkens my heart, or those I live beside."
I wonder who she lived besides, as this mare did not say. I wonder if she held beck because I, a Basin mare, was present? It seemed there was a many of those who held back around I or others from the Basin.

Walk Here "Talk Here"

Doug1021 @ flickr
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Cracking and cracked. - by Inara - 05-28-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Cracking and cracked. - by Africa - 05-29-2014, 06:23 AM
RE: Cracking and cracked. - by Sialia - 05-29-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: Cracking and cracked. - by Inara - 05-30-2014, 01:44 PM
RE: Cracking and cracked. - by Africa - 05-30-2014, 04:44 PM
RE: Cracking and cracked. - by Sialia - 06-03-2014, 12:35 PM
RE: Cracking and cracked. - by Inara - 06-04-2014, 02:21 PM