the Rift

[PRIVATE] take a breath

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Upon his arrival she disappears into the long shadows of the willow behind her, dark shades of monochrome concealing the color of her bodice. He contemplates removing himself before he speaks a word to her, her body language clearly stating she had intended to be in solitude, but his dark walkers have already touched down onto the grassy knoll of the Grove below. There is no logic in turning away so soon, perhaps he could explain away his arrival and cool himself in the waters he knew were not far. Whatever he chooses to do is bypassed by the soft words that depart from his maw before he can catch them, a bump in his plan to leave her to her search for peace. Had he forgotten, though, how forgiving the chestnut mistress could be?

His name leaves her tongue in a query, as if wondering why he was free of the borders and on a land other than their home terrain. She turns, eyes glancing at him over her shoulder briefly as she glides back into the shadows of the willow. It is an invitation long before she deigns to speak the two words he had hoped would fall from her lips. A soft sigh of appreciation dips low and relieved from his own as he follows her, exhausted in every way he could comprehend and yet never feeling as if he could give up on the position he held. Until he was forcefully removed from his duties, the golden lad would not let his herd fall to shambles. Even if it was at the cost of his own well-being at times.

Her eyes search his face and he lets her, unsure what she is looking for but hiding nothing from her regardless. Whatever she finds, it parts her lips to speak, and with every soft intonation that flows so naturally through her lyrics the King found himself relaxing. Her presence had always calmed and secured him, and he was grateful that he had chosen her to visit with when he most needed such centering. A frown pulled at his burnished gold lips, thoughtful but grim. "Even more so when the one you are to work with for the better of those many citizens is among the list." It is a soft confession, a touch bitter, but resigned. Long ago he had realized there was little he could do to change Kahlua, and he would not force her to. Crown shakes and a weak laugh escapes the hold of his lips. "Not that anything is made easier when those you trusted and appointed to positions of importance stab you in the back without a second thought." Or even a first thought, he thinks bitterly towards the pale gilded Seer.

"You look tired."

A smile pulls on his lips and he tries to hide the fatigue, if only for her sake. "I will never tire of my desire to guide and protect my kin. But I am exhausted, Evangeline." Voice dips and seriousness bleeds into his tone, nearly defeated. "I am tired of holding a load meant for two upon only one set of shoulders. I am tired of sleepless nights and constant action to keep things running smoothly, to appear within moments when I am needed and finding no respite through my partner." Abruptly he ends his words, sighing softly. He had been growing more passionate, more betrayed and angered as he had continued speaking, and he was unsure how Evangeline would take her King speaking of her Queen in such a manner. "Tallis was at the gathering. I assume you know at least some of what has transpired?" The darkness shrouded his eyes momentarily with disgust and anger towards the foolish girl, but he would never poison Evangeline's understanding aura with his own negative emotions. For a few moments he merely says nothing; breathes and lets the feelings wash away from his bones.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

This time around, Kaj's smile was sincere and easy, erasing a majority of the exhausted lines on his handsome face. "Merely being in your presence and speaking with you is calming, my dear. You aid me merely by caring to listen." He didn't think even those words could explain his gratitude towards her, his admiration of her inherent gift to calm and soothe all kinds of frazzled nerves. It was why he had sought her out first. To that moment, there was nothing to regret in that decision.

Messages In This Thread
take a breath - by Evangeline - 05-28-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 05-29-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 05-29-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 05-30-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 05-30-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 05-31-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 06-08-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 06-30-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 07-04-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 07-29-2014, 01:33 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 08-05-2014, 12:18 AM