the Rift

[PRIVATE] take a breath

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Of all the words Evangeline could have spoken, her wisest included the topic of the Goddess that had placed the title he held upon his crown, deeming him King. Sighing softly he smiled a tad weakly at the orange lass, a little sheepish. "You are right as always, Evangeline. I guess I'm just a stubborn mule with too much worry," he laughed softly, eyes crinkling at the edges. He was sometimes set in his ways, but he was not so rigid as to blindly turn away from what Evangeline was sharing with him. He had to trust that the Council he had adopted from Mirage, the stability of his people, could weather anything. Even if he was reluctant to place weight upon Kahlua, should it ever go bad, he had to believe the Edge would be stable no matter what catastrophe could ever happen.

Her idiom only confused him, face crinkling hopelessly. Was it supposed to mean something about beauty? Was she saying that Kahlua was plain, but wouldn't be when he...what, encouraged her? Luckily for him, it seemed that Tallis understood his confusion and communicated this to Evangeline before he could mumble out an embarrassed explanation for his silence and idiotic look. She amended herself, and Kaj felt clarity sweep away the confusion on his pale face. The Phoenix and the Pyre was an idiom he knew well, and he was grateful that she cared enough to switch her manner of speech to best help him understand. Others may have mocked him for being a King and so incompetent when it came to Helovian manners of speech. It only increased Evangeline's standing in his eyes.

"I will certainly try. Thank you, Evangeline. I enjoy this, speaking with you. Were I not so hard to convince to stop being so protective, we would have many great debates. Perhaps other topics? It would be an honor to speak with you on such manners regularly." He smiles then, amusement a twinkle in pale blue skies living in the heart of his eyes. "And perhaps you can teach me the different phrases I am so incapable of grasping? I could share with you my language, perhaps? Ik ben meer bedreven in die taal." His voice shifted into a deeper purr, sliding like silk over throaty words, majestic in comparison to how he spoke the language of the Helovians. Kaj had nobody to share this language with, and yet he spoke it with a beauty he doubted he could transfer into the language the Helovians used. It was a shame.

Clearing his throat he smiled pleasantly at Evangeline's confusion. "It was created by Mirage. It is a council of the highest ranking individuals. Among ours, there stands our Doctors, Glaziers, and Captains. It is to promote fairness and to ensure Kahlua and I do not become tyrants, though that is self-explanatory." he laughed softly. He had not announced it at the previous meeting if only because he had not thought there were still some who were unaware of its existence.

Translation: Ik ben meer bedreven in die taal --- I'm more proficient in that language

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
take a breath - by Evangeline - 05-28-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 05-29-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 05-29-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 05-30-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 05-30-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 05-31-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 06-08-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 06-30-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 07-04-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 07-29-2014, 01:33 AM