the Rift

[PRIVATE] take a breath

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
She certainly could not disagree that the King was stubborn as a mule. Not when she'd had to repeat herself time and again then rephrase what she had said to make him finally believe her. "Being stubborn is not entirely a bad thing. When you're dealing with an unreasonable individual it can pay off to be stubborn." She mused. "Being stubborn when you come to someone for advice and counsel can be a bit frustrating to the one you sought out." Granted he probably hadn't come to her specifically, she'd probably just happened to be at the right place at the right time, but he still sought counsel from her once he found her there.

He seemed apologetic that he was protective of the herd and that made Evangeline snort softly. "Never apologize for being protective of the herd you love." She chided the king gently. "I've seen Kings who were more worried about what they could conquer next than the safety of their herd. It was only when their herd had been attacked and was suffering that they finally realized the error of their ways and by then it was too late." She frowned as she remembered Isilme and its never ending wars because of Kings who wanted to conquer everything and everyone and the Originals who had thought themselves Gods. "They may have been Kings for longer, but they were not half the king you are now."

As her words came to an end he spoke again of her teaching him phrases common in Helovia. It was an odd request, she thought, but that was momentarily forgotten when he spoke another language. The tone of his voice seemed to change and she couldn't contain the shiver that worked its way down her spine. She had no idea what he had said, but she could listen to him speak in that language for hours and she felt that she would never be bored. "Oh... yes." Eva said when she realized that he had stopped speaking. "I could do that..." Tallis made a gagging noise and slipped away from his bonded and the king.

Eva turned her head and watched as the dragon made an abrupt exit, her ears tilted toward Kaj as he spoke of the council. Finally she turned her head back toward him and nodded her head. "A council is a good idea to keep everything in balance, though I have to admit I have a hard time thinking of either of you as a tyrant."

@[Kaj]

Messages In This Thread
take a breath - by Evangeline - 05-28-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 05-29-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 05-29-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 05-30-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 05-30-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 05-31-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 06-08-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 06-30-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 07-04-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 07-29-2014, 01:33 AM