the Rift

[OPEN] She loves me not.

Semira Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Yearling
Kachie
While it was all well and good to linger by the familiar shelter of the Edge, there were too many pressing needs driving the silver child for her to dally there long. Yes, it was home, and it certainly made an excellent base from which to expand her search, but that search needed to start sometime. Might as well be today.

It was with this in mind that she ventured out, deciding to start her search from the skies. Any glimpse of her sister would be easy enough to catch from here, so long as tree cover was not in the way. Just as the light glinted from her own silver-scaled wings, so would it reflect from Amaris' golden scales. Her cousin and her aunt might be more difficult to identify, but that's where her sharp vision and knowledge of indentifying markings would come in handy.

What she wasn't expecting, though, as she soared casually over the meadows, was to spot an entirely different and just as familiar figure barreling across them at breakneck speeds. Surprised and curious, she banked slightly to swing closer. Golden eyes were alert and considering as she watched him running at a speed that was greater than that he'd employed while racing with her just a few days ago. Where is he going in such a hurry? She wondered, curiosity getting the better of her so that she began to follow him from aloft.

Concern began to grow as he ran and ran, seemingly without any intent to stop. Isn't he tired? Is there something bad going on? It made her dip lower, as grass gave way to dirt. Surely he can't run... The thought was cut short as he collapsed in a growing cloud of dust. No, no he can't. She was torn between concern and amusement at her own mental timing as she swept down to check on him.

Small plumes of dust rose beneath her hooves as she landed, little dust devils taking flight away from her wings as she settled her weight, ears tipping toward the prone figure of her friend. The dust had since settled around him by the time she landed, so she could see the way his side rose and fell. Good, he didn't break his neck. The thought was somewhat ironic as she stepped over to him, drawing her wings against her sides as she went. Gently she lowered her muzzle to his shoulder, not quite touching, as she took stock of his scraped legs and the muddy streaks down his face where tears had rinsed away the dust.

"Dragomir..." Soft concern colored her melodic voice as she bent her knees and sank to the ground against his back. She didn't want to ask what was wrong, didn't want to fuss over him like a duck over its hatchlings. But she offered her presence to him, in the slight bulk of her frame so near his spine, in the way she reached out to lip at his mane. There wasn't the least concern in her mind about how the bloody colored dirt would stain her champagne coat in strange stretches of red, or dim the glint of her silver scales. Instead, she worried for her friend, and waited for him to regain what little composure he could.

Messages In This Thread
She loves me not. - by Dragomir - 05-29-2014, 12:04 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Semira - 05-29-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Dragomir - 06-02-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Semira - 06-02-2014, 04:17 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Dragomir - 06-05-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: She loves me not. - by Semira - 06-08-2014, 03:16 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Dragomir - 06-17-2014, 02:05 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Semira - 06-20-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Dragomir - 07-18-2014, 11:27 AM