the Rift

[OPEN] She loves me not.

Semira Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Yearling
Kachie
Silence followed her inquiry, and she peered down at him in curious interest, aching to ask another question - or twenty - over the way his ears had dropped back down. Should she not have asked? Was he sad again, or angry? His silence made her anxious, made her want to tug on his mane and find some way to tease him back to the reserved but cheerful stallion she knew so well. It made her tail shift and flick against the red dirt, stirring up small plumes of dust that muddied the pale gleam of her hide.

Finally, finally, he spoke an answer. The Father of all horses, my childhood God. It made her stop and wonder. Wonder at the fact that there could have been a first horse, first equine. Somehow she knew that's what he meant, and her curious mind leapt from that tiny tidbit to a wild rambling contemplation. And that contemplation was tinged with just enough excitement that it escaped her thoughts and tumbled out of her mouth. "If there was a Father of the horses, does that mean there was a Father of all dragons, all pegasi, all unicorns? Of all fishes and birds and wolves?" Forgotten was her worries that her question might have angered or saddened her friend, in the wild wonderings of a young mind untainted by the understanding of what was truly being revealed. "And if there was a Father, what about a Mother?" A low humming sound vibrated in her chest, revealing her enthusiasm for the subject was growing.

But then the more sensible part of her mind reminded her of the second half of his statement, and she dragged her wandering mind back to the present with a self-conscious cough. Then she touched her nose to his shoulder briefly before venturing another question that was actually aimed at him and not the air in general. "He is... the God of your parents?" She simply didn't know better, to keep from gently prying for curiosity's sake. Perhaps if he'd tried to change the subject instead of mulling over the topic at hand, she would have embraced the new discussion and not come back to nudge at things that she didn't know agitated him. Or, at least, that she remembered disturbed him.
[Image: 538fd70b3d28e]

Messages In This Thread
She loves me not. - by Dragomir - 05-29-2014, 12:04 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Semira - 05-29-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Dragomir - 06-02-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Semira - 06-02-2014, 04:17 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Dragomir - 06-05-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: She loves me not. - by Semira - 06-08-2014, 03:16 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Dragomir - 06-17-2014, 02:05 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Semira - 06-20-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: She loves me not. - by Dragomir - 07-18-2014, 11:27 AM