the Rift

[PRIVATE] Milky Way

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

She still loves you.

Okay fine, I’ll admit it. I spent a lot of time (ha) thinking about what my Pa said about Ma. Even though I was supposed to be thinking about Mesec and finding his black ass, but Mesec and Ma were in the same lobe of my brain and there was no way I could think of one without thinking about the other, and that was an emotional clusterfuck all by itself but now there wasn’t a question of me being a big growned up and facing my fears or whatever family drama I had imagined. I didn’t have a choice. My Pa needed help and as much of an assjerk he was he still decided to trust me for some reason, so it’d be pretty shitty if I let him down via inaction. So.

Here I was on the mountain top, the really pretty place with all the flowers ‘n shit and the nice mountain air and the majestic crap that made this place be called “heavenly”. A storm was rolling on from somewhere, and though the rain probably wasn’t about to hit this place, the clouds were dark and gave the place this dampish, twilit feel to it. I sighed a great, heaving sigh; this was the last place I had seen Br—where I had seen Mesec. It was with that one chick that really grinded on his nuts, maybe a year ago, I dunno, it just felt like it had been millennia since I last saw him gawk and hee and haw and twitch in that embarrassed way he had. Also, Pa had said Ma was in the mountains—and yeah okay jeez I was looking for her as much as I was looking for Mesec. Cry me a river. I don’t know why, but it felt like seeing either of them was important for what Pa needed from me. Or something.

So I loitered for a bit, alternately screaming “MA” or “BRO” or “MESEC” until it got kinda boring. And then I thought, Dude, what if they’re not even here? But I didn’t like thinking that because fuck that would make things hard, so I did them both a favor (if they were in the area) by rearing on my hindhooves, shooting a blast of lightning into the dark, roiling clouds. A great thunderclap cracked like a whiplash as the magic left my body, singeing the grass around me ever so slightly, splitting my ears from the sound of it. There. There was no way anyone could miss something like that. So then I began to pace some more, eating here and swatting a burnt-ass fly there and thinking about my Bro and the Goddess that actually gave gross birth to him, my Pa and his bitter, cynical laughter, my Ma who may or may not still love me.

@[Ophelia]

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>

Messages In This Thread
Milky Way - by Roskuld - 05-29-2014, 01:06 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Ophelia - 05-29-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Roskuld - 06-01-2014, 01:25 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Ophelia - 06-11-2014, 03:52 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Roskuld - 06-17-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Milky Way - by Ophelia - 06-19-2014, 11:37 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Roskuld - 07-05-2014, 01:31 PM