the Rift

[PRIVATE] Milky Way
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia stood and watched the internal struggle Roskuld seemed to be experiencing. She had more of those than she would care to admit, but her cleft hooves remained firmly rooted to the ground. What would she do? Roskuld had already turned her away, doubted her in action and words. Though she still longed to go to her daughter, even through the ache of numbness, she could not will herself to get hurt again.

The thought that Roskuld would not believe her was a painful one. What reason did she have to lie? Throughout her entire life, she had told very few lies, preferring the truth, even if it hurt. She had told her herd the truth when she left, told Psyche the truth about her thoughts, told Torleik the truth, even though she did not know his alliance with Deimos. The truth set you free from the chains of lies, and she was not one to get shackled - even though she would make the perfect liar, being able to remember everything.

As the words strangled in Roskuld's throat, she just wanted something beautiful to say. She wanted a set of words that would take away the hurt and set things right, but no such words exist. No such language exists. No string of letters or combination of sounds could ever express the heart in any pure measure - it's why so many words are required for a single explanation. So, she said nothing, choosing the inference of silence over the absolute of language.

That was, until, her daughter came to her, still only a jumble of half-finished sentences. Ophelia felt her heart beat with the smallest voice of hope, pushing against it's icy walls. But, she was a mother, a parent, and love was unconditional. She walked toward Roskuld, keeping her close as she sobbed, each tear sending her deeper into her personal despair. What had she done?

The Forsaken closed her eyes and tried to remember what it was like to be comforting, running her muzzle across Roskuld's mane, hearing the emotional storm get bigger and bigger. "Nothing will be easy," she said quietly. "But we hold our emotions and do what we must. You are a unique gift, not only to me, but to this world. Do not let anyone take you for granted."

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Milky Way - by Roskuld - 05-29-2014, 01:06 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Ophelia - 05-29-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Roskuld - 06-01-2014, 01:25 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Ophelia - 06-11-2014, 03:52 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Roskuld - 06-17-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Milky Way - by Ophelia - 06-19-2014, 11:37 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Roskuld - 07-05-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Ophelia - 07-18-2014, 04:51 PM