the Rift

[JUDGED] Lie in Our Graves | Spar: Aurelia
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Mara's mental cries of joy fill his darkened mind, dousing the annoyance that had begun to linger there. His spikes had missed their mark. His chance to peel away her burned flesh had been squandered. But how? Perhaps the flames that licked Aurelia's body had altered his perception - made her appear larger than she in fact was. If that was the case, it wasn't surprising that he had missed. Justification however, did not distinguish his frustration; Mara's victory on the other hand, did.

Recoiling easily, Mara spat the last of the poison that hadn't fallen into Aurelia's blood stream, on the ground, as Gaucho dodged to the right. Although Aurelia's kick is laced with pain, it hits its mark. The price for Mara's satisfaction, was an instantly bruising u-shape on Gaucho's right thigh. Aurelia's shriek was suddenly mingled with a hasty and angry snarl from Gaucho. Pain smarted brightly across his thigh. His blackened tail lashed angrily, as if the sting and swell of her kick could be shooed away like a fly. But it could not. The pain radiated outwards, drumming with each step. Allowing himself to pivot, Gaucho regarded the golden child's retreating form with cold, dark eyes.

Mara's own beady black gaze sought out the other snake - a distant cousin by the look of it - and hissed mercilessly. She knew that (if all bonds were the same) the snake could feel - even if only mentally - the poison now working its way into Aurelia's system. Feeeeeeeel it, Mara thought devilishly. Cowarrddssssssss! Although the serpent knew that there was no plot against her bonded, her reason was blinded by the bite that stung gently on Gaucho's leg. In that moment, she would have been perfectly happy should the receding pair have turned around for another few rounds. She certainly had the poison for it.

"GAUCHO FIND YOU." he bellowed loudly after Aurelia, his voice powerful and unwavering. ""Gaucho find all of you!" He continued, his gaze and voice now sweeping the perimeter of the trees, addressing any who might be hiding there. Even though they had left Aurelia alone to fight him, they might still be listening. Perhaps now was the time when they would attack - when he was weakened. Did they really think this golden child, with her infantile snake, was a match for him? As if to prove this, Gaucho reared onto his hind legs, ignoring the weakening and bruised muscle of his thigh, and the sting near his fetlock. His barred forelegs struck the air, as his flame-tipped wings fanned open to aid with balance. As he returned to the ground, his antlered skull tore at the air before him, daring those who might be lingering to test him now.

As much as he wanted to shift his weight to the left, to release some of the weight his bruised thigh had to bear, he forced himself to remain as he was. He would not show weakness now.

He would not show weakness ever.

[WC: 504
Summary: Gets kicked on his right flank.

Closing post.

OOC Teaching Notes

Totally fine that you had her leave!

You had some more grammatical errors in this post. I know that they are hard to catch sometimes - especially since grammar doesn't show up all the time as being incorrect, but I think it will ultimately hurt you score, where it doesn't really need it. When I write posts, I usually go back and read outloud ( even if it's only under my breath), because this forces me to slow down and actually read what I wrote, instead of skimming things over. Trust me, I know how easy it can be to miss obvious things in your own writing, and usually it's just because you read it too fast.

I was a little surprised that Aurelia dodged Gaucho's spikes, but took Mara's attack. Mara is long, but in order for the pair to be close enough for her to have attacked, it sure seems like Gaucho's spikes would have hit her as well. It could be done, but I would have liked to have it explained more. The way I explained it in my post, was that he was thrown off by the fire across her body, and misjudged how close he actually was - you could do something like that. But if you had, I would have liked to have seen some thrill from Aurelia. I mean, yes she got bit by Mara, but she did just dodge Gaucho who is MASSIVE. That's quite an accomplishment, right?

I like that you didn't have Aurelia fly away. I think that's very realistic. She's at almost half health, so it makes sense that her first thought would be to get home. I liked that you added in her considering what the herd would think about her, especially in light of recent events. What I found a little surprising was that she didn't say anything to Gaucho when she left. She went from asking him to spar, then saying he wasn't welcome, to just leaving? The last post was so emotional, that I suppose I was expecting more here. She IS injured though, so I can see if she's more focused on dealing with that, than dealing with him.

Great spar bay! I'm glad we finally finished one :P

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
Lie in Our Graves | Spar: Aurelia - by Gaucho - 05-29-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: Lie in Our Graves | Spar: Aurelia - by Gaucho - 05-31-2014, 11:52 AM
RE: Lie in Our Graves | Spar: Aurelia - by Gaucho - 06-18-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: Lie in Our Graves | Spar: Aurelia - by Odd - 07-12-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: Lie in Our Graves | Spar: Aurelia - by Gaucho - 07-28-2014, 05:03 PM
RE: Lie in Our Graves | Spar: Aurelia - by Gaucho - 08-05-2014, 10:18 PM