the Rift

[OPEN] The Wolf's Croon

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
CHEVEYO.
When the straight and narrow gets a little to straight,
Roll up a joint, or don’t. Just follow your arrow, wherever it points.

Things were slowly returning to the normal routine I had grown used too when I was a warrior for the Windtossed Foothills, only this time it was under the rule of a different King and Queen and the boarders were different because I was no longer in the Foothills. Quite the opposite actually, as I was now a Protector for those who resided in the herd called the World's Edge.
And what a beautiful edge of the world it was, led by two just and wonderful leaders that had welcomed me back into the ranks as if I had never even left them. But, what had been done was done and today I was back to patrolling. Excitement jittered through my veins at a constant rate as yellow painted hooves tore at the blades of grass that grew quite abundantly over this portion of the Earth. What exactly was causing the excitement was the true question, was it the fact that I was happy to be back to work instead of the constant training I had been going through the last season? Or the fact that there was a whisper in my ear of something interesting that would happen today.
Of course it seemed it wouldn't take the answer long to come to me. The closer to the gate my patrolling carried me; the stronger the stench of death, of rotting flesh and acid, grew. The horrid, putrid scent assaulted the delicate skin around my rosy nares with a fierceness that could be related to that of a momma bear protecting her young ones. Chestnut harks slammed back against my skull as I began to wonder what had been dropped at our borders, and more so as to who exactly was "gifting" us such an offending smell. Ivory painted limbs stretched out a little further in efforts to lengthen my stride and lessen the time it would take for my frame to reach the gate.
Growing closer to the gate, a scowl curled the rosy flesh of my kissers; my stride began to grow shorter and eventually became an easy extended trot as the gate came into sight. The scent of death was nearly overwhelming and any other creature would have likely lost all their previous meals being at this nearness to the horrid stench. And I grew damn near close to it when the white and black frame of a living mare was found standing just out of the border looking in.
"What is your business here?" my lyrics rang out clearly, towards the acidic, death mare as my yellow painted hooves pulled beneath me in a halt. A safe distance from the rotting creature, just in case she was one of the few wraiths that were still travelling about Helovia.

"Speech"
Tagged;; @[Confutatis]
Notes;;
Words;; 463

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Messages In This Thread
The Wolf's Croon - by Confutatis - 05-30-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: The Wolf's Croon - by Cheveyo - 05-31-2014, 08:57 AM
RE: The Wolf's Croon - by Confutatis - 05-31-2014, 10:15 AM
RE: The Wolf's Croon - by Archibald - 05-31-2014, 03:46 PM
RE: The Wolf's Croon - by Ktulu - 05-31-2014, 04:29 PM