the Rift

[OPEN] One of these things is not like the other...

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Aithniel
The first flame burned gloriously, but the second flame burns cold.

One of these things just doesn't belong. Illynx did not seem as hellbent on my captivity as she did about Rikyn. I had told him time and time again that my name was Aithniel, but he insists on calling me something else. That frustrates me greatly. I am not sure whether or not to take my mother's lack of interest as lack of caring or a blessing, because I get to wander around, learn, when Rikyn does not. Maybe I should be upset, but I am not.

My little, black hooves crunched around on the rocks as I trotted along the perimeters of my mountainous home. I stared up at trees that seemed to tower higher and higher than I could even comprehend. Wow. Everything around me is so great and so strong, sturdy. Carefully, I picked my way around a large, wicked looking bush and moved along my way. Would I meet anyone today? Everyone here had some sort of horn on their head, and the nubs that were on my temple have now grown out almost behind my ears.

Did I fit in?

Maybe, but the feathers that stuck to my side were growing more and more pronounced. No longer did they hide in my white fur. I had no interest in ripping them out, for I was not ashamed of myself. But, I wondered why they did not have feathers. Why just me? As I wandered and thought, I found myself very far from Rikyn and mother (mother still sounded like a weird word for Illynx). I was not scared of being far away.

I spied a white hare and smiled, jumping after it, lion tail flashing behind me.

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
One of these things is not like the other... - by Aithniel - 05-31-2014, 12:43 PM