the Rift

[OPEN] One of these things is not like the other...

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

My, but wasn’t the little Erebos most vocal in his innocence? Zikar-Sin chuckled some, amused and hopelessly enamored with the Basin prince; though he wore the same cloak as his sire, the child-like gleam in eyes that could be so cold and calculating was a humorous twist of things. His inquiring mind was a desirable trait in a child, of course, as well as his careful etiquette; Sin nodded vigorously as the child asked him about his familiarity with the famous General-turned-Lord. “Oh yes indeed, I know your father,” he said warmly down to the dark princeling, “He’s rather a force to be reckoned with in the Basin, isn’t he? He lead our armies for many moons before finally being summoned personally they the God of Time to lead our people home, after the blight.” He gave a slight, tinkling laugh. “But that’s another story for another time, yes?” His knowledge of the Reaper seemed impressive when thus presented—though in actuality Sin had never been too privy towards the Reaper’s personal life, save for a far-flung, garbled night in the hot-springs. The appearance of Erebos was enough of a happy surprise to illustrate this.

The other angel foaling, Aithniel , seemed much more withdrawn than her swarthy counterpart. It bothered Sin none, though somewhere in the depths of his chest he mourned the chance to feel the down of her tiny, growing wings. Ahh, well. There would be a chance soon enough. “I like them too,” he said quietly, as Erebos chimed in with his own inquiries to the matter—though, of course, Sin liked her wings for vastly different reasons. It seemed Erebos’ youth clouded his sight upon the delicate matter at hand—but Sin wasn’t deterred. It only meant guidance was in order at this moment, and oh, how he loved to guide children onto the right path!

“You see, children,” he started delicately, his leering gaze shifting between the dark visage of the Prince, the pale countenance of the little lady, “We are creatures of the earth, and the earth is meant to be our domain. The skies belong to the birds and the auroras and the Gods, oh, the mighty Gods who crafted the very realms we occupy!” He closed his eyes once, briefly, a single blink as he continued to stare down at the wonderful little souls, “It’s an unfortunate abomination for one of our own to fly, and sadly, wings do strange things to the minds of mortal equines and unicorns. I myself was attacked upon entrance to this glorious land, by those winged and those of the uncrowned. Pegasi—which they are named—are savage creatures, those of base and lesser minds, prone to behavior best suited to the beasts of the forest and savannahs. It was one of them that brought sickness to our fertile lands.” Oh, but what a glorious sickness it was! “Entire herds of the winged and the uncrowned conspired against us, taking our own, attempting to destroy our wonderful clan!” He shook his head with the incivility of it all; true mourning was lost on Sin.

“Yes, little Aithniel, you will be able to fly when you are older if you choose to keep your wings,” he said to her kindly, almost fatherly, “though I fear they will change you from the lady you are into an unfortunate beast of passion. I’m sorry little one, but I do not think you will be allowed to stay here when you are older, unless you allow your wings to be removed.” At this, his face brightened up some as his unblinking gaze crawled over to the tiny, downy appendages that poked from her sides, “Fortunately, your wings are small and fragile things, and it will be very easy for me to remove them with the least amount of discomfort!” He smiled cheerfully at the thought of malleable baby bones snapping from their sockets, healing most beautifully with the least amount of scar tissue, so that she would grow to be a pure unicorn maiden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: One of these things is not like the other... - by Zikar-Sin - 07-15-2014, 11:39 AM