the Rift

[PRIVATE] Ruined Fantasies

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Satanic Silk
I've hurried to the caves as fast as I can. Seeking solace in the darkness, in the memories that still hover there, waiting for me to experience them again. I'd beat hard against the wind to reach the cavernous rooms, hoping against hope that I may find her there. Her. It'd been so long since I'd seen her, since I'd started looking. But of course, luck had not been with me and though I had searched, it was all in the vain. I'm not sure how much more I can take. What if I never find her? Surely Helovia cannot be that big, can it?

What if I'm not finding her because she left? But why would she do that, she seemed so attached to the residents of Helovia and to the Gods that rule here. What if she's dead? The thought hits me and I feel like I've been stabbed through with a blade, my heart bleeding out to the ground. No. No, surely the darkness could not have taken her. Midas would not have allowed that, right? The Sun God would not have allowed it! Inside the sanctuary, memories of her flowing around me, I can't imagine that anything could have happened to her. And yet I can. I try to force the pessimism from my mind. Like a drug habit that you just can't kick, it's back and full force within me. I can't even bear to search through the rest of the caves, and find myself fleeing outside for fresh air. Anything at all to clear my mind would be appreciated.

I skid to a stop outside the caves, my nostrils flaring as I take in as much oxygen as I can manage. My lungs expand painfully, but I know that pain means they're working. Thank the Gods for that, at least. The feathers that hang in my mane bounce gently against my neck, carried by the breeze that flows through the night air. But as I stand there, trying to regain control over myself, a scent catches my attention.

No.. it can't be, can it? Have I really gotten so lucky? I couldn't forget her scent, not ever. I'm sure I'm not mistaken. Now my heart aches, but not with pain, but with joy. Apprehension fills me at the thought that I might be wrong, that this may be some horrible trick of my mind. Am I hallucinating smells? Fuck it. I have to find out. I spin and take off at a gallop in the direction of the scent. I have to find her.

I can't believe my eyes. And I'm so distracted that I nearly bowl into her wandering form. Wing tucked to her side, mane and tail blowing gracefully in the wind. I skid to a stop just past her and turn around, nearly tripping on my own legs in my hurry. Hooves planted as I am out of breath for all the right reasons. In my peripheral vision I see Silas overhead, keeping his bonded company. But my eyes are only for her. The dappled mare that stole my heart the first time we met. The one that cast me as lovestruck.

Africa.

Walk. Talk.

hungry for life
Image Credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Ruined Fantasies - by Africa - 05-31-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Satanic Silk - 06-01-2014, 01:15 AM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Africa - 06-02-2014, 09:49 PM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Satanic Silk - 06-03-2014, 09:11 AM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Africa - 06-06-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Satanic Silk - 06-10-2014, 12:02 AM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Africa - 06-10-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Satanic Silk - 06-10-2014, 12:13 PM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Africa - 06-12-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Africa - 06-16-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Satanic Silk - 06-19-2014, 10:13 PM