the Rift

[PRIVATE] Ruined Fantasies

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Satanic Silk
The surge of emotion has not left me. Joy, sadness, pain. They're all swirling inside my mind, inside my heart. How I can bear to feel all of them at once is beyond my capacity to understand. Maybe that's the point. Maybe I'm not meant to understand, but only to feel what comes naturally. There is no doubt that this is what comes naturally. She comes naturally. My cheek against hers, she reassures me and I feel my heart swell. The heat of her cheek, the gentle hairs. My chest aches with real physical pain, these psychosomatic realizations taking over me. There is no way I can walk away from this moment unchanged, altered forever. And that's okay with me: I don't want to be unchanged, to be impervious to the brush of life that paints a new picture everyday and makes life what it truly is. I don't want to be so stone-hearted that the beautiful mare's interactions would leave me the same as the day before. Deep down I know that could never be. The moment I met her she struck my curiosity and I found myself in a new world, already changed for the better, for good.

Her words are soft and they soothe my heart. "I do." She says she forgives me, and I wonder for half a second if her words are a farce. Does she lead me on to... No, there is no logic behind that. Africa has no cause for insincerity other than being a soul who seeks to comfort. But her comfort now is real. I can feel it in my bones, and all doubt is washed from me. I feel more solid on my feet, knowing that my apology is accepted and forgiveness granted. Restoration. It's feasible, a goal that is not so out of sight now. There can be good, life. I know that I can come out of this stronger, and so can she. I will be there for her and make sure every moment is better than the last. Will she let me prove that to her? I'm almost afraid to ask. Maybe she's forgiven me, but then maybe... Maybe there's another by now. Windwalker. I remember him a little bit, and remember the rageful jealousy that spread like a virus inside of me. I feel it now starting to burn again inside me.

Only her next words can bring me back from the dark place my heart and mind are headed. Her question, so innocent and simple, but layered with such emotion: hope, a pang of sadness even. Of course she doesn't know that this is a question that I've wanted to hear so badly. I'm not sure I even knew I wanted to hear it - but to come home? I want to be with her, wherever it is. No matter where she goes I will follow. Of course I care about Midas, and I would hate to leave someone that has been so good to me. But I could never leave Africa, not again. Over my dead body. Her neck curved around mine, her lips against my silky silver mane. I hug her to me with my head, and murmur the words that I hope she is as happy to hear as I am to say. I will follow you anywhere Africa. I am yours.

I separate from her after a moment, and I turn my head to grab something out of my mane, woven there in a moment of extreme boredom and loneliness. It's a moon amulet that I received from the Giving Tree. The other amulets I have are hidden in the caves, away from prying eyes. I hold it between my teeth, my herbivore teeth surprisingly white for being the sorry soul that I am. Turning back to my love, I extend it to her, nodding that it is an offering for her, as I cannot speak while it is in my mouth. But then, I try anyway, stubborn like usual. A gi-t. Close enough. I hope that she will not think I am trying to bribe her. The moon amulet has a soft glow, silverish like the color of my mane and tail. Maybe she will take it and think of me.

Walk. Talk.
Tag: @[Africa], WC: 710, OOC: Sneaking in that moon amulet! ;) Better to play it out as a gift exchange?

hungry for life
Image Credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Ruined Fantasies - by Africa - 05-31-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Satanic Silk - 06-01-2014, 01:15 AM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Africa - 06-02-2014, 09:49 PM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Satanic Silk - 06-03-2014, 09:11 AM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Africa - 06-06-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Satanic Silk - 06-10-2014, 12:02 AM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Africa - 06-10-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Satanic Silk - 06-10-2014, 12:13 PM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Africa - 06-12-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Africa - 06-16-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Ruined Fantasies - by Satanic Silk - 06-19-2014, 10:13 PM