the Rift

[OPEN] There's serenity in the darkness.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   ranjiri</style>
  dreams start their drifting and you hear a lullaby</style>

I don't like that I've been forced to leave him behind, but I couldn't force Ryuu to make the trip to the forest with me. I feel like he's already in enough pain just going about his everyday life, I wouldn't forgive myself if I forced more pain on him just because I wanted to go to the forest. I'm not so selfish. Had I not felt that he would be protected when here was, under Cera's watchful gaze, then I would have confined myself to the Throat. But he was safe. He was protected. I could make this pointless trip and appease myself. Maybe I could even bring him back one of the red stones from the pool in the forest as a little gift. I don't know if he'd even like it, but I thought they were pretty. If he liked it I could probably get one of the crafters to make something out of it for him.

The wind whips at my mane and ruffles my feathers as I fly toward my destination. I didn't understand it when I was younger and couldn't fly, but there is nothing quite like it. I enjoy having an aerial view of everything below. And I'm safe. Kind of. If anyone wanted to attack me they would either have to have magic or be able to fly like me. Unfortunately my flight was coming to an end. I could see the trees looming in the distance and so I began my descent. It was gradual and when my hooves touched the ground I was moving at a trot toward the trees. Once within their grasp I slowed mostly because the branches and bushes threatened to pluck feathers from my wings and I'd already lost quite a few of them.

I walked, leaves crunching and twigs snapping under my cloven hooves as I moved. The forest seemed safe enough- the birds were singing and I found that when someone dangerous was around they would be eerily quiet. My path meandered through the forest mostly because I had no real direction. At least not until I heard someone's voice. I flicked my tail, wondering if it was a good idea to intrude but the idea of someone being lost in the forest and me leaving them to their own devices was not one that sat well with me.

The forest was quite tricky, voices tended to bounce off of trees and sound like they were coming from one direction when it was really the other. With that being said it took me a little while before I finally found who it was that was speaking and... she was hard to miss. And she was very pretty. "Hello." I said, offering her a friendly smile. There was someone else there with her and I was surprised when I saw Dragomir. "Oh!" I took a few steps toward him, my smile growing. "Hello, Dragomir. How've you been?"

"."

Credits

@[Dragomir]
@[Bellona]

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
There's serenity in the darkness. - by Dragomir - 06-01-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: There's serenity in the darkness. - by Ranjiri - 06-17-2014, 07:46 PM