the Rift

[OPEN] sauveur
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

There wasn’t many things that surprised me anymore. I’d seen the world engulfed by complete and sudden darkness—a light snuffed by whatever jester thought it’d be funny to watch us squirm under his influence. I’d been in battles, and sorely won against opponents of more robust stature. Our home was riddled with those that still bore traces of infection from the last onslaught of misfortune. Life had been changed by a god who bid me become head and voice for his children. I watched on the sidelines as my offspring grew from gangly to powerful and as a women and mate left for the embrace of some other man.

I’d even been to another world, and stood in that place where time was thin. And our lives clashed upon one each other like the gashing fangs of a wolf…

It was nothing but an expectation, in the continuation of our poor luck when the summoning trumpets of a girl I’d saved and sent away came to ears; she was once again cawing at my border—though the meaning of this visit was anything but politics. Fina stirred against my hide, waking from the warm peace we were momentarily allowed, turning head toward the sound.

I listened as well, only opening lids when there was a pause in the garbled language that traveled to our tiny overhang near the base of one jutted cliff which soared high above the damp canopy. I'd half a thought to just go back into the dark abyss, let the soldiers handle the fool who caused strife during wee hours this morning. Thunder rolled, causing a responding shiver, it was well known that this summons couldn’t simply be ignored.

My companion was ready to slide back into sleep when I pushed out from the shadows and into the cool drizzle. She hissed out of irritation, urging me with silent nudges to retreat back into the warmth of our little hangout. 'Damn the idiot who stole those precious hours of beauty sleep'—was mostly all I gathered from her bitter grumblings.

Feathers caught the wind, I lunged from our cliff overlooking the dark canopy. The sky rumbled with a promise of yet more blessed rain. Aside from the current drizzling, at least we weren’t in the middle of a complete downpour. We neared their location just as a strangled cry whelped into existence, this voice was younger and seemingly higher pitched—alarm grew and I quickened our pace. Fina finally gave up her vain desire to stay dry and moved from my spine into the murky atmosphere.

A yearling soldier had beaten us, Delinne’s colt. I pitched forward, brows narrowing with mild surprise to see that it wasn’t just Illynx, but the Frostheart king himself!....and between them? I frowned and glided to the ground with silent practice. The phoenix drifted close, landing across my spine and settling as I walked toward the trio, still frowning and finding that there were no words for these first few seconds.

Held between the unicorn pair was a girl, a filthy lass who looked like she’d been pulled through the mud and then dumped in the nearest swampy puddle for good measure. But the appearance wasn’t what birthed interest as much as the extreme fatigue that was evident in every flex of those limp muscles. I couldn’t withhold the quiet sigh that sprang forth, “Go,” I said, turning one hard eye and a quarter of attention to the youth that stood by, “Find Kiara or Reizend,” tone was curt and chipped off at the end—but now wasn’t the time for pleasantries and I was surely not in the mood to give any. Fina tightened her grip and I glanced back, a single nod was all she needed. The firechild took off for heaven, climbing over the mountain we’d just passed to get here. They’d find a healer.

And meanwhile....

Gaze fully returned to Mauja and a swollen Illynx, before finally resting upon the pitiful youth between them. Honeyed eyes that had been hard upon arrival, now they visibly softened into a tired but harmless embrace of fate itself, “Let me help make her comfortable.” I said quietly, allowing my tone to be evidence that I meant no harm.

Sand pooled from beneath golden daggers, sliding toward them with a serpent like pattern. I sought to form a bed beneath her, raised from the cold muck. I’d used this same magic to carry many a body from one place to another, the act of using this power was risky—considering if this was a well-crafted hoax…. A separate torrent rose high above them, fanning out to offer protection against the elements. A shield of sort. It was crudely fashioned, but effective--and they could release their hold on the girl some without having said child spill herself across the forest floor.

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
sauveur - by Mauja - 06-02-2014, 04:38 AM
RE: sauveur - by Sielu - 06-02-2014, 09:32 AM
RE: sauveur - by Illynx - 06-03-2014, 06:05 AM
RE: sauveur - by Azarel - 06-03-2014, 06:29 AM
RE: sauveur - by Mauja - 06-03-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: sauveur - by Midas - 06-03-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: sauveur - by Illynx - 06-05-2014, 08:25 AM
RE: sauveur - by Kiara - 06-05-2014, 11:44 PM