the Rift

[PRIVATE] losing my faith [Mauja]

Antiope Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

To the edge of the world and back again. That's where I had been. After spending a moon traveling northwest and meeting Aurelia (which had been nice because it had been a while since I met another female pegasus), I was back on the Meadow. This time, I flew back "home", soaring above the woods and taking in all of the moonlight that the celestial body was showering on Helovia. It was times like these where I understood Inanna, what she had meant with my coloring. She had always said that I looked like a night light up by a full moon and not a single star on the sky - and she was right. My dark, silvery brown coat was like the night, a shadow above the ground with the reflection of a moon upon my back and stretching out to the tips of my wings. I forced down my wings against the wind and let them open up again, pushing me higher up in the cloudless sky. It was quite a beautiful sight, this land during the nocturnal times. There was so much life here.

Two wolves and their three cubs was sleeping in a small glade near the Deep Forest, an elk mother with her calf grazed not very far from the Threshold. As I looked back a little, I saw fluttering yet dimmed lights decorating the trees of the World's Edge-border. It looked beautiful, but I knew that I wouldn't fit in with that herd. I... I was rather alone than being with someone who wasn't my family. Inverted eyes set on the ground beneath me again and I started to sink, slowing down with my wings and just gliding smoothly down towards the big oak by the river. It had become my little, simple home. Just a plain oak, protecting me with it's long, swaying arms with it's green, oval hands and pointy fingers, always stretching out for a hug to welcome me. Dark, cloven hooves touched the ground and I galloped softly over to the tree before stopping completely.

Shaking off the dust of my sweat that had gathered over my body, I folded in my silver treasures and felt the feathers tickle the underside of my dark belly. A quiet, calm, starless night in the company of... Nobody. Wasn't my life lovely? I sighed loudly before kneeling and lying down close to the tree. I had been alone for so long. If only I had stayed with Mother... I would've had a family - maybe even a proper relationship with a doúlos. We would've lived in harmony in Aíma, nobody would've been able to harm my slave since I was royalty. I had been royalty and yet I had left that life in fear of my mother's plans.

Maybe I was just doomed to be alone.

"Talking."
tags // Mauja
wordcount // 471
ooc // Doúlos = Slave
background by asphyxiate-stock.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
losing my faith [Mauja] - by Antiope - 06-03-2014, 05:01 AM
RE: losing my faith [Mauja] - by Mauja - 06-04-2014, 04:44 AM
RE: losing my faith [Mauja] - by Antiope - 06-05-2014, 08:06 AM
RE: losing my faith [Mauja] - by Mauja - 06-05-2014, 08:50 AM
RE: losing my faith [Mauja] - by Antiope - 06-05-2014, 09:47 AM