the Rift

[OPEN] Oh, I just can't wait to be queen

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

For once he envied one so easily able to change their emotions. Then again, had the golden not caused this? He was impressed with himself, though this child did not need much encouragement or fancy tricks. The black and white damsel had let the inner ferocity blow away with the breeze before they had even really begun. Oh and how she leans in to hear his secret. A child with the knowledge to fly wouldn’t be more interested. She was doing his work for him. Her eyes trembling with knowing and her lips spreading assurance. That damsel had already crafted the story before the golden had finished, and it took his skill to not let the smugness and growing ego show.

Her friend! My, this lass was proving her age. Like a child finding the snake in the grass their new friend. And look it even has a rattler like their’s! Yet, she made her own story. Running from Illynx’s racist banner. They were on the same side? He leaned in harks pulled forward. Play the part, make her seem like you’re relaxing and believing her. Let her think she’s right. Let her think she knows.

What is there to know though? Inside the golden was on edge. Illynx had nearly castrated Crash Course for letting his racist tendencies even show. And she was racist herself!? Well now, that’s a bit mixed message. What purpose did she have in not showing what she was? Unless, there was an edge. A ruler does not want their slaves to know what they are, but rather to think they’ve got it good. To think their being treated well. That was surely it. His lady wanted outward invisibility of these thoughts. Clever. That was no problem for the golden son though, he was no racist. Feeling no desire to maul the one before for not looking other than she was. So, what harm was there in revealing that part of the truth or telling a lie. This little girl was of no importance.

Queens are of great importance. On cue, he looked back to search for those pesky spies at their mention, before hearing her name. If a damsel child like her could be queen sign him up for the next round! But this child is so different from him. She desires peace. What a bore. Did she not know peace held no scandals? Held no battles, heroes, or devils? Still, the idea of peace lended him one as well. Danger was there in revealing the story he thought the damsel had built. He wanted her to trust him completely, and so correcting her would taint that. He also had his lady to answer to after this. And what if the child knew after this meeting that he in fact was rightfully part of the Basin. Luckily vagueness seemed to work well with this child.

Worried leafen starred face lightens and he smiles softly. “I’m glad you were able to leave such a discussion in peacefully.” Oh but the smile fades slightly, and head lowers, eyes cloud with serenity and remembrance. “It gives me hope I may one day return to those beloved lands.” Gold dusted eyes look up to her. And he says with more positivity, “Thranduil, at your service.” What was that! Head snaps and looks past her, and hid trembles slightly. What was there? Nothing of course, but if the silly child had not heard him come up, she’d be deaf to an elephant. For a moment he’d still before returning to the conversation, the peace on the golden face gone.

Sides heave heavily in a deep sigh. Those earth eyes do look oh so forlorn. “I am truly sorry I angered you earlier dear Kahlua.” Actually no…I’m rather glad I did, the golden thought. This dear damsel was making this slow afternoon ever so enjoyable. Nothing like a good lie and game to liven things up. “You understand the danger though it seems. Still, perhaps under your protection I can rest a moment from that guise.” There was however, one small question that remained. Judging it, and finding it no harm to let it be revealed his inner philosophies on the races, the golden inhales. The worn face wrinkles. “Forgive me, for we are of the same mind, or side as you call it,” or possibly not, “but I am confused. Why friend, do you assume hate at being called what you are?” It was always dangerous to ask a question you did not know the answer to already, but what’s life without a risk or two.

OOC :: =D
"speech"

And so the round lamb,
Finds friendship,
With the hungry lion.
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 06-04-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 06-09-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 06-15-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Thranduil - 06-27-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-01-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-06-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-17-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-28-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 08-10-2014, 03:36 PM