the Rift

[OPEN] Oh, I just can't wait to be queen

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

You don’t know a good conversation when you see one, compared to golden’s perspective. You see a pleasant conversation, of friendship and philosophy. Those earth eyes and golden harks take in a whole other world. It’s a test, how foolish are you? It’s an intricately woven web of lies and tricks. It’s a wealth of information, and full of new possible leads. Those lips only had to ask a question the right way, only make one statement and it could spin the conversation around till it was dizzy, or at least that’s all what his ego was telling him at the moment. Honestly, that gold son thought he was the devil’s son when he arrived, but the painted mare was causing his spirits to soar. It’s odd to be given such a rush by aspects of life usually meant to bring creatures down. Perhaps it caused him to be labeled insane. But hey, the golden was so fast, and high thinking he’d know if he was insane.

The damsel murmurs some assurance. She looks with him though, more curiosity than before. He watched her carefully. Oh so much more careful than she could imagine. Especially with this all going so well he was feeling a bit show offish, so he’ll let you in on a secret. Watch their harks, their eyes and nares. See how fast or slow they breathe, how quick are their glances, where do they stare off to in resting moments. It all tells. It was telling him now the girl was getting too curious in what he was hearing, so the golden beast laid off of ‘hearing spies’ for a while. Easy way to tell a liar is to catch them lying twice too quickly. Yet, why should he worry before her about such tricky details? The girl relaxes and seems to find contentment in him watching over her. Letting the peace fall over him, as if to make her see, she’s had some effect. He’ll believe her, that she can protect him. Protect him from what? Himself? Because dear damsel he’s the only danger around. Yes, they can rest together, riding hood and the ‘grandmother’.

Ever careful to keep her with the upper hand. Mares always did have that protective hen aspect, especially when they think a stallion was in fear. If you ever want to see a girl grow up and grow close real quick, act fearful of a close danger. Why do you think boys always take their dates to scary movies? That’s a free tip. So he smiles at her, letting it break forth freely. Letting his head relax again closer to her level. “That would be ever so kind dearest Kahlua.” Then he chuckles slightly, letting it flow rough, as if it had been a while since his throat made such a sound. “Ha, where are my manners, you are a Queen of that land. Apologies, thank you, Queen Kahlua.” The golden looks playfully ashamed. “Being an Outcast is not good for your…eh, etiquette I’m afraid.” Nice touch. Perhaps a bit too much, but play the wounded knight some more, it looks good on you. Oh if only that knights armor had a hero instead of the villain.

Games are fun and all, but there were also real questions about the air. And information to be had. The golden paints an understanding face. Of course he knows that history which makes her suspicious. Of course he knew how the nasty and evil Sir MeanyUnicorn took Mount Sparkle from righteous King GoodyEquine. Thranduil arrived in this land a month ago, hell no he didn’t know that history. That doesn’t stop him from making her think he does. Looking down slightly to ponder what she says. It’s the same as them all though. The golden actually, truly had hoped since she was not one of them she would not use their same vocabulary, but she did. He looks to her as she mentions the few and many, perhaps she was?- No, she returns to that language. The golden sides breathe in deeply. Honestly, they were all the same around here.

Still, though her answer disappointed him, it was ever so helpful. There was a need. A need to know those darker secrets. The Basin was unlikely to tell them, correctly, it seemed, so here was his best shot. Granted this damsel may not have the exact story either, but they don’t hands crowns out to just a passer-by on the street do they? (If they did, the golden had a new mission.) He looks to her, a spark in his eye and halfhearted smile, curiosity tracing throughout. “What version of history do you know Queen Kahlua?” He looks down again, remembering moments she’d not seen. In her favor no one had seen them not even the golden. “For I’m sure it’s not the same the Haruspex in the Basin tells the foals at night.” Tell him the history. Let her think she’s just recounting, when really she’s creating. The golden waited to hear, letting her see him as halfheartedly hearing, but under that mask, he was taking notes.

She needed confirmation though. That girl didn’t know it but she’d asked a question. Checking for understanding. Yet her suggestion troubled the golden. This was the third time she’d committed the offense and he could not let it continue. The damsel had to learn, or else she was taxing the gold’s mind to much with such childish beliefs. At last she’d finally revealed enough of her fairytale hero to allow him to mention it. Eyes showed a slight hurt. “Dear Queen, I was run out by Illynx and those who follow her orders, not them.” He needed to continue, to explain, but he needed to know another secret. He needed to know for certain what deeper philosophies his lady held. True his lady was not to be touched, harmed, or questioned, yet. That did not guarantee her safety from his webs forever and judging by how she carried herself about these lands he’d need all the dirt he could get because six feet under might be enough. Mind worked quick and fast so that not a second passed. With a smirk to lead her on, and distance returning to his eyes he looks at the damsel. “What version of her philosophy did Illynx tell you?” It was too out there for the golden, he needed to tie it in to avoid her suspicion. Though really, what on earth would raise this damsel’s suspicion? A Purple sun? Nah, she’d probably seen that in her dreams before. “Then I shall explain my meaning.” And for once he’d actually tell the truth. Well, a part of the truth anyway.

OOC :: I'm so sorry to have her answer so many things. XD Still my muse is going crazy over here. lol
"speech"

There in the tallest tower,
There is a damsel asleep,
But she does not search for her prince,
No charming man does she need,
The dragon is enough for that dear girl,
The dragon, a few lies, and her imagination.
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 06-04-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 06-09-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 06-15-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-01-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Thranduil - 07-02-2014, 10:41 PM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-06-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-17-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 07-28-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: Oh, I just can't wait to be queen - by Kahlua - 08-10-2014, 03:36 PM