the Rift

[PRIVATE] What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Standing in the churning waves of the Endless Blue, Romani stared out across the expanse of the ocean before her. The waves lapped at her muscled chest, caressing the sides of her golden-red barrel and past the curvature of her rump. The water was a soothing balm to any who suffered from the heat of the summer sun, and although Romani had seen many a summers far more cruel than this one, seeking a moment of respite at the beach was heavenly.

Nearby Kasai paddled through the salty water, enjoying the coolness of the ocean just as much as her bond-mate was. The black and white tigress leisurely pulled herself through the liquid without effort, not minding in the least the way that the water soaked through her coat and drenched her form, and Romani's azure gaze flicked back to make sure that her companion was safe and unharmed in the ocean current.

In the many seasons that had passed since she had received Kasai, the tigress had grown into a beautiful she-cat, sleek and supple muscles that rippled beneath striped fur, sharp eyes, and a heart full of loyalty that would put a devoted soldier's to shame. Even during Romani's toughest of moments, Kasai had always been with her, at her side, giving comfort and advice when no one else would.

"Be careful, sweet," the Haflinger beckoned, dark lips forming the gently spoken words with an upturned smile, eyes alight in adoration, "The current is strong here, far stronger than the waves of the Thistle Meadow's river."

'I am safe and well, Roma,' came Kasai's mental response, a loving purr of a voice that filtered only through her mind. 'No need to worry.'

Turning her muscled bodice back towards the shore of Helovia, Romani slowly trudged through the wake of the water, hooves guiding her expertly through the waves until she once more stood on dry land. Legs splayed, the Haflinger mare shook herself free from as much water as she could manage, but the ivory strands of her feathers soon became caked and speckled with white sand granules. Likewise, Kasai pulled herself from the cool ocean waves, ice-blue orbs focused completely on her mare.

'Roma? Are you well?'

The wandering gypsy glanced to the white tigress and released a soft, breathy sigh. "Aye, Kasai, I am well. Merely remembering what once was."

Life for the warrior had changed. When darkness and the undead had overtaken Helovia, Romani had left the World's Edge behind and had gone into hiding, secluding herself from everyone, save Kasai. Believing herself capable of being a soldier had been tomfoolery in its best, for Romani was a gypsy at heart. A wanderer. A nomad. For so long she had been serving others; first, in the Foothills to Svetlana, then to Mirage in the World's Edge... Romani had left more than her Queen behind when she didn't return to the Land of Dragons. Friends, family, children... She hoped that they would forgive her, should she ever return the mist-shroud cliffside.

A part of the Edge would always have her heart, but now... The gypsy needed to focus on herself, lest she forget who she was.

@[Cheveyo]

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Romani - 06-05-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Cheveyo - 06-06-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Romani - 06-06-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Cheveyo - 06-06-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Romani - 06-07-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Cheveyo - 07-04-2014, 01:39 PM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Romani - 08-01-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Cheveyo - 08-10-2014, 02:58 PM