the Rift

[PRIVATE] What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

'I've never been a fan of the beach, but it seemed the place to go on such a gentle day.'

Wasn't that the truth? Romani's head turned away from the war-painted blonde female, her azure depths glancing out and towards the churning waves of the ocean. Indeed, it did seem like a place... And perhaps, for the first time, the Haflinger wasn't bogged down by emotional turmoil of the memories that this place had once held for her. Once, when she and Xanthos, the handsome grullo stallion, had played within the waves...

Where once she would have frowned and sulked at the bitter, painful memories that burned and seared her scarred heart, Romani now smiled. No longer could she be contained by depression; no longer would she allow it to crush her, to mold her, to make her hide from the world, and from herself. That was a different time, and now... Well, she had risen above that emotional turmoil and had finally found peace within herself. She could not help everyone, and perhaps that was why she had ventured from the course of a soldier, a Skilled Protector, and had returned to the nomadic lifestyle of a wandering gypsy.

"Aye, it is... Peaceful, if I may say. Whenever the sun is warm upon my withers, I find myself venturing to this place. The sand may be warm, but the water is cool, and it offers a lovely respite from the weather." Slowly Romani's crisp, sharp eyes turned back to the Edge mare, allowing her eyes to rest upon the stranger for the briefest of moments before a smile once more upturned her dark-tinted lips.

"My name is Romani, good stranger, and this tired cat is Kasai. Do not fret, she won't harm you." Kasai, hearing her bond-mate's words, growled a purr from where she lay in the sand, stretching out her lithe and deadly body once again before growing still. The golden-red palomino chuckled throatily beneath her breath, eyes alight in genuine mirth. "Forgive me if I ramble... I tend not to share company with others anymore. The life of a gypsy will do that to someone."

Tilting her head, the Haflinger's dainty ears swiveled forward, eyes curiously searching the painted mare's face from beneath the strands of her forelock. Damn, cumbersome thing, if only she could manage to trim it... "May I ask your name, good stranger?"

@[Cheveyo]

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Romani - 06-05-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Cheveyo - 06-06-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Romani - 06-06-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Cheveyo - 06-06-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Romani - 06-07-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Cheveyo - 07-04-2014, 01:39 PM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Romani - 08-01-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo] - by Cheveyo - 08-10-2014, 02:58 PM