the Rift

[OPEN] avarium.

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
If not for you, Sitka, I think I would have startled at the yapping that begun behind me, swung my spearpoint around and made to stab the pale canine that raced towards me. As it was, the yapping brought my attention away from the strange cage, and I merely peered over my shoulder to view the young, pale, wolf-like creature approach. My gaze softened slightly as I recognised the motion of play, though I still held the spear in my mouth, a small laugh bubbled up around the wooden shaft. I swept my long, leonine tail to and fro, attempting to taunt her into chasing the swishing tendrils. It was a gentle wistfulness that carried my playful actions, and while I felt the sadness of your absence, I tried not to let that distract from the joy of interacting with a young, vibrant soul.

I did wonder if she were a bonded soul, if her playful and social persona were shared with another. It was unusual, I think, to come across a canine so well adjusted to being around an equine derivative, without having them be bonded. Certainly, no wild wolves, or hellhounds, would seek out the company of an equine for social purposes, and this delightful gem did not seem vicious or ill tempered at all.

It was a shame I could not say the same for her bonded.

He was tall, horned, and grumpy. That was my quick, initial assessment of the unicorn who so boldly demanded I reveal to him what I rarely reveal to anyone. Innocent curiosity masked my façade as I considered him, in all his gruff, assertive, aggressive air. Perhaps when I was younger, and less able to defend myself, I would have been scared. But I was not afraid, perhaps slightly on edge, but the tension that I had held before over exploring this strange cage had dissolved upon the arrival of the friendly, bouncy canine. Amusement glittered behind my eyes, just as the sun descended slowly down the horizon and across my hide. The spear twirls in my mouth, as the point was originally pointed away from him, but soon spins so that the sharp, silver spearhead is directed right towards his crimson-crown cranium.

I figured he came at me with his horn, I may as well return the favour, and point my own at him.

"I can honestly say that I am not fond of strangers demanding information usually reserved for those who have earned it." My voice is smooth, my cerulean gaze never wavering from the steed's own. I was vaguely aware of the pup's whereabouts, but until she conveyed similar aggressive tendencies as her bonded, I was fairly unconcerned. Meanwhile, clouds began to gather above us, and a small smirk quirked the corner of my maw as I felt the rush of magic flow through my veins.

We'll see whether this steed enjoys getting his feet wet.

[[ I don't mind being tagged :3 ]]
bg - table - manip
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    avarium. - by Cirrus - 06-07-2014, 08:11 AM
    RE: avarium. - by Déodat - 06-11-2014, 02:04 AM
    RE: avarium. - by Cirrus - 06-13-2014, 01:46 AM
    RE: avarium. - by Déodat - 06-23-2014, 08:33 PM
    RE: avarium. - by Caneo - 06-24-2014, 07:10 PM
    RE: avarium. - by Cirrus - 07-07-2014, 08:13 AM