the Rift

faith, trust and pixie dust

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Oh Gods.

When did I grow so old? As I watch the interaction before me unfold, I wonder just that. When did I lose my happiness, my cheerful disposition, my smile? I know the answer, I think, and so do you. Perhaps I was already grumpy and cynical before then.. I can hardly remember. To be so enthusiastic, so excited and so damn bubbly.. Just the thought of it makes me want to smack those around me over the head with the hard edge of my wings. I settle for subtly shifting my weight, my feathers standing on edge as my wings ruffle slightly. It is now that I notice the red smudge of fur between the colt's legs, and my gaze lingers probably a second too long for politeness.

I've never been much for politeness anyway.

The girl doesn't seem to breathe as she prattles on, and on, and on, and.. Did I mention this chick can talk? My façade probably demonstrates a manikin's expression of vacant shock, as I try to process everything that she is saying and doing. Her colourful wings and cheery disposition seem to have set me on edge slightly, I can't help but release a sigh of breath when she finally concludes with her name, I hadn't realised I was holding it the whole while during her speech. My ears swivel, like an athlete stretching after running a marathon, they stretch after her marathon speech. I feel a sense of cynic irritability - of course a mare like this would be fortunate enough to come across ones that wouldn't attack her outright for such naivety, of course she would luck out and happen across a colt who was not equally, but similarly cheerful.

I wondered if I should be the one to provide a reality check for these two delinquents.

"Cirrus." I say in the silence that manages to exist moments after the colt, Sacre, ceases talking. Whether they recognise it as my name or not, I don't really care right now. They had both just talked about friends, but how could they understand what friendship truly was? I didn't, not until you left me, Sitka. I took our relationship, our bond, our sheer and utter devotion for each other for granted. I didn't realise the extent of what we had until you left me.. How could these creatures before me understand, when they so easily spoke of leaving their homes, their families, behind. My glance is drawn once again towards the red fox, Inari. I am almost envious of its existence.

"You're in Helovia," I say, answering her initial question. "I live the life of a loner -friends are all well and good until they up and leave." My eyes narrow slightly, focussing sharply on nowhere in particular. It was easier to act angry then to admit how devastating your death was to me. "But if it's a herd, with their laws and customs and restrictions that you want, by all means." I bow my tiara and withdraw from the spotlight, shuffling my wings out slightly from my side to prepare for flight.

[[ She hasn't left yet, she's just being grumpy lol.. @[Zohariel] @[Sacre] ]]
bg - table - manip
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    faith, trust and pixie dust - by Zohariel - 06-07-2014, 02:38 PM
    RE: faith, trust and pixie dust - by Sacre - 06-08-2014, 06:27 AM
    RE: faith, trust and pixie dust - by Cirrus - 06-09-2014, 10:34 PM
    RE: faith, trust and pixie dust - by Zohariel - 06-17-2014, 07:27 PM
    RE: faith, trust and pixie dust - by Sacre - 06-18-2014, 07:56 AM
    RE: faith, trust and pixie dust - by Cirrus - 06-19-2014, 06:51 AM