the Rift

You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart

Aiedial Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
{OOC: I have no artz for poor Aiedial, and can't code to save my life so bear with my boring posts xD}

Careful steps were taken in this foreign land. Aiedial had been cautious ever since her mother's abandonment. At least, that what it had felt like to the young mare. Nostrils flared as she heaved in a large breath. Auggie was circling above her, the smaller barn owl hooted softly in response to her exasperated sigh. She wanted to go home, but she no longer had one. Pallid limbs drew her fiery form through the dense forestry, curiosity beginning to light up within her glacial lenses. This place was different. Ivory muzzle lowered to the ground as she continued on with her swinging walk. Rusted tail brushed the nagging flies from her spotless hide as she continued along the faded game trail she had been following for the past few hours. "Auggie, where are we?" Quiet soprano notes were ushered from her lips as she paused, ears pricked forward as she scanned the forest. Something told her to stay, to find others, but a different side of her wanted her to turn and run. Shaking her head, her long forelock fell to conceal one of her brilliant hues. The bird landed on her withers lightly, but said nothing. He wasn't one to talk much unless it was extremely pertinent. Her question had been rhetorical in a sense and so he had chosen to keep quiet rather than engage in small talk.

She remained still for only a moment longer before long limbs carried her slight build forward once again. It wouldn't hurt to continue on. After all, she had nowhere else to go to, and there was nothing here that was telling her conscious to leave. At least, not yet. She could smell others. Every once in a while the stale scent of another would float along the breeze. She half wanted to follow it, and see where it lead, but instead remained wandering on her own. Eventually she would run into someone, that much she knew. Hopefully the locals weren't against strangers crossing into their land unannounced. In her defense, she would have announced her arrival if there had been someone there to hear it. Auggie remained perched on her shoulder, probably napping, considering he was nocturnal.

The breeze brushed playfully against her skin, and she had the urge to chase it, but again her logical side talked her down. She was in a new land, she didn't know where and the odds of her becoming more lost than she already was... shaking her head the young mare paused again. This time those baby blues wandered the treeline before flicking to the sky. It was evening. But the sun wasn't quite beginning to set. She should find a place safe to sleep for the night. Luckily she had Auggie, who was helpful with staying up and watching over her at night. Drawing in a deep breath, the princess again pushed herself forward, careful to keep her steps light, and her gait smooth as to now disturb her friend who was resting peacefully on her back.

So far her journey had been lacking on the side of adventure. She didn't mind, no conflict was a good thing. But sooner or later there was bound to be something, a complication, or perhaps a literal road block that would keep her from getting to... where? Where was she going? She had no relatives out here, no family. Refusing to shed another tear the young girl gradually slowed until she was no longer advancing on the trail. Deep, even breaths were taken, and as time slowly ticked on, she evened out her nerves and let her eyes slide shut. Allowing the sun to bathe her copper skin in a fiery glow. Soon now, she would be at home. That was all she could tell herself.

Messages In This Thread
You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-07-2014, 07:10 PM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-08-2014, 02:24 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-08-2014, 09:15 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-09-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-10-2014, 08:27 AM