the Rift

You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart

Aiedial Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
AIEDIAL
The forest was alive with the symphony of sounds. The melodies of the songburds, and the thrumming rhythm of the crickets. She took all of this in, her eyes remaining sealed off from the real world. Auggie shifted nervously on her shoulder, and briefly she was curious to his sudden discomfort. Quietly he urged her to move on, to continue along the small trail they had been following for most of that day. Quite content basking in the warm rays of the sun momentarily, the woman's attention drew quite abruptly from whatever string of thought she had been following as the atmosphere before her seemed to warp, and change. Glacial lenses burst open as her head retreated up, and her neck arched as she recoiled from the pain that seemed to surround her. No... she wasn't in pain. But the feeling was there. Brow furrowed as she took a hesitant step back, her tail flicking nervously behind her as she did so. Snorting, the woman watched the imaged play out in front of her, pictures of battle, of young ones dying.

Her heart crumbled at the thought of her sister, and she turned her face to look away, her eyes sliding shut as her ears twisted back on her delicate skull. Auggie had ruffled out his feathers, causing his smaller frame to almost double in size as he took to the air, frustration eivident in his little body. Screeching, the bird circled warily around Aiedial, unsure of what exactly he was trying to protect her from. She had been through more than enough, and whatever this game was, he wasn't going to tolerate it.

Drawing in a deep breath, the woman prepared herself to push past, and continue on. Ignoring whatever conflict may happen altogether. But the three beated approach of another had her eyes opening to watch the creature slide from the shadows and stretch out a copper wing to disolve the images that were flashing around her. Auggie screeched again, ready to divebomb the equid before her. The stranger scolded the Boggart that had retreated to his partner's side before turning to apologize and ask if she was alright. Auggie was displeased with much of what was going on, and was ready to show this newfound creature a thing or two about proper introductions.

A gentle laugh slipped from the woman's lips as she shook her head, "Auggie, that's quite enough," Baby blues settled from the bird that landed reluctantly atop her shoulder, to the copper boy before her. She hadn't answered her question, and she pondered a moment before answering softly, "I am now, thank you," Auggie shifted his weight but said nothing, instead he allowed his piercing yellow gaze to watch the hybrid before him. A resentful noise escaping the beak of the owl. Frowning the woman dropped her gaze from the duo horned face of her savior, to her friend. Brow furrowed before she addressed the male once again, "Forgive him, he isn't usually so cold to strangers, its just...." Shaking her head, she couldn't bring herself to tell him his copmanion started it. "Talking"
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-07-2014, 07:10 PM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-08-2014, 02:24 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-08-2014, 09:15 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-09-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-10-2014, 08:27 AM