the Rift

You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

100%

The light breeze swirled around him, its embrace warm and muggy. Above, the heavy boughs of the redwoods groaned their vain protest, though many years worse had they braved.

The blood-curdling screech from the avian in the blue-eyed mare’s company sent a vicious chill reeling along the spine of the giant. His hair prickled warily, ears slicing backwards, and the burn of his tangerine eyes climbed to find him. The little owl wheeled around her angrily, quite unable to find the spectre as he played childishly with her mind. Once deterred from his cruel game, Hector felt his bonded’s mind soften, and he too allowed the fraught lines of his frame to loosen a little and relax. Remorseful gaze studied the lovely creature before him as she laughed and called aloud to subdue her friend. The bird landed begrudgingly, and though the burly stallion was hardly intimidated, he offered a glance and tip of his skull awkwardly, to perhaps compensate some for the damage done. He was not one for heartfelt apologies and unravelling emotion, but he tried in earnest to reflect his personal displeasure for the acts of the naughty Boggart.

As the softly graceful tune of her voice at last slipped into the space between them, Hector’s ears danced forward curiously. Veci had been quite right, the warrior was naturally attracted to one so well built; so kind to look upon, and testosterone at once began to leak into his bloodstream. Readily his eyes sought her charming gaze, yet it wandered away momentarily to perhaps warn the protective soul upon her shoulder into silence. He nodded quietly, enduringly; a lifetime’s worth of persistence now holding his long, muscular legs in place. The stallion was undeterred by the bird, and likewise, he was more than glad the mare had not fled Veci’s attack. The copper stallion only wished he could offer her the same, easy explanation as her own.

"I understand," he soothed, noting the tinge of hurt lacing each word. "The Boggart has no manners. I do not condone his behaviour, but alas I cannot control it. It is hard that he is invisible..." Hector had never witnessed the visions his bonded imparted upon the weak and already suffering, but he knew well of their malice from the reactions they so easily spurred. The stallion shook his large skull, frustration again stiffening the sinew beneath his thin, sleek hide. "Please, may I help you now; offer my protection and perhaps a place to recover?" He smiled gently, uncomfortably, but genuinely interested to pay off the disservice of Veci.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Messages In This Thread
You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-07-2014, 07:10 PM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-08-2014, 02:24 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Hector - 06-08-2014, 06:18 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-08-2014, 09:15 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-09-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-10-2014, 08:27 AM