the Rift

You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart

Aiedial Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
AIEDIAL
The behemoth of the man who stood in front of her seemed to sense her discomfort at the sudden offer, and immediately withdrew further. If she had been anybody else, the woman would have readily accepted his offer without a second thought. No need for formalities. A safe haven was exactly that. Safe. Drawing in a large breath she nodded slowly to the information she was given about the country she now resided in. The beginnings of a smile gracing her lips as he introduced himself. Hector. It seemed fitting, that was true. He told her little about the herd, and where they resided. From everything he had been saying, it sounded beyond wonderful, and a lot like home. Again, the woman nodded slowly before taking a large breath; eyes wandering up to meet his molten hues before delicate words were ushered forth, "A pleasure, Hector, I am Aiedial, from a land far away, however in retrospect, perhaps not as far as I'd like." Knowing that she had already told this near stranger too much, the paused, a small smile coming to her lips as she composed herself.

"The lands here are beautiful, and I can only imagine the wonders of your herd," again a soft smile lit up her baby blues as the corners of her lips lifted ever so slightly. The copper woman knew she had choices, she could turn him down and continue to wander. But who knew if the next being she encountered would be this inviting? A moment of silence passed between the duo. The birds continued along with their symphony as the breeze conducted the leaves in a cadence all on their own. Her delicate head nodded slowly, glacial lenses capturing his as her words were pushed forth from pink lips, "I accept your offer, Hector. Take me to Dragon's Throat."

She knew Auggie wouldn't be pleased, but the bird could come and go as he wished. She never knew why he had accompanied her so far in her travels, and she wondered ever so slightly if this was their goodbye. As If the owl had been tapping in on her thought process, he hooted softly. Eyes shifted from the molten lenses of her comrade, to the slight owl who remained perched on the bough of the redwood a few meters off. A faint smile came to her lips though she remained quiet. He would be okay on his own. And she figured sooner or later they would meet up again. She had saved him when he had fallen from his home, and the predators had been closing in. They were not bonded, but he had stuck with her for some time. Perhaps to repay what she had done for him.

Shaking her head, the woman turned to Hector, taking a step towards him as she did so. From what it sounded like, they had a bit of a journey to get to the peninsula. She would slow him down no doubt. The wings that remained folded against his sides were not just for show, and she figured, had she a pair of her own, they wouldn't have far to go. She assumed he would take the lead, but closed the space between them anyways. Being alone was never something she had looked forward to, and now that she had found someone who knew these lands, she wasn't going to just trail behind him like a dog. Closer to him now, she realized just how large the male was. She was slight, even for her breeding, and she paled against most in comparison to their build, him especially. Drawing in a breath, the woman looked up to meet his gaze once more, only a foot or two of space between them, "Shall we?" "Talking"
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-07-2014, 07:10 PM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-08-2014, 02:24 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-08-2014, 09:15 AM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-09-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: You're the King, and I'm the Lionheart - by Aiedial - 06-10-2014, 08:27 AM