the Rift

[OPEN] Here's To Never Growing Up [Cirrus][Open]

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
The doe's words meet my ears once more, and the smile that held my lips in a delicate curve drops away swiftly, soon replaced by a frown as my lips purse together in disapproval. It was not for the mare's lack of knowledge in preparing the children, that much she couldn't really help, but that the father abandoned his mate, not even bothering to linger long enough to see the result of his actions? It was disgusting, and I wondered at how any woman could ever allow herself to fall prey to a stallion's wants. But maybe I was wrong, maybe she did believe , truly believe, that he loved her, and maybe he did love her, but was ripped away from her.. I didn't know all the facts, but it still made for a sad situation - children without a father, a mother without a partner.

I have never known a love that was romantic like that, never been swept away by the emotions and feelings of another. The closest I suppose I have gotten was to you, Sitka. But you aren't here anymore.

"Well," I begin again, deciding with a small smile that teaching the basics of flight was something well within my skillset. My father was an exceptional trainer and coach, I remember attending the sessions he held for the Throat's warriors clearly. Though I doubt the quality of my lessons would be as good, at least I could try.. Right? "I'm sure I could help with that, if you like." My cranium lowers to the eye level of the colts as they near me, my smile kind, the wind gently swirling around us all. I reach out with both wings, tilting them forward as one of them - Aeolus, was it? - leans towards me. I aim to brush the first few primary feathers of each wing against them, my smile warm and welcoming all the while. Theirs were still small and downy, but that didn't mean they couldn't prepare for when they would eventually fly.

Stilling the wind that dances around us, I take some steps back to give myself room, shuffling my wings slightly as I unfold them. They aren't light exactly, given I managed to inherit larger than regular sized wings from both my parents (it was said my grandmother had the broadest wingspan of all of Isilme when she ruled the Cliffs), I made sure that I wasn't going to knock them on anything. Muscles across my shoulders bulged with the effort, but they were used to this exercise now, having done it virtually since I was born. I spoke to Brisa directly, peering over the small forms of the colts. "They must prepare their muscles to carry not only the weight of their wings, but their bodies too. While the wind will help once they are airborne, they will need to be prepared for when the wind is not there to carry them." I always believed that there was a bit of magic in every pegasus that allowed them to fly, but really, it was all a science.

Lifting my wings high, I very deliberately brought them down again, a giant sweeping motion that could not help but stir a breeze up. I lift them again, and as I grow sure that the others become used to the motion I am making, I slowly increase the speed of the downstrokes.

I only do it a few times before deciding they have seen enough, before coming to a steady stop, halting as my wings are lifted to their highest height above my head. With a bright, devious smirk upon my lips, I look to the boys before me, my crown nodding as I beckon them to give it a try too. "Go on, show me what you can do."

[[ :D @[Brisa] ]]
bg - table - manip
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Here's To Never Growing Up [Cirrus][Open] - by Cirrus - 06-09-2014, 02:12 AM