the Rift

[OPEN] Here's To Never Growing Up [Cirrus][Open]

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
The doe mentions that I am kind, and I have to actually wonder whether I believe her or not. Certainly, she's welcome to believe I am kind, friendly, caring even, but what am I really? Why was I doing this? What motivated my actions? I did not think I was kind. Nor was I brave, for I skulked around these wildlands rather then venture towards any herdland, where I would be more likely to encounter someone who knew me before I fled the lands. Before you sacrificed yourself so that I might survive. Before I was left to live in this world, alone, lost. I didn't know myself anymore, so much so that I didn't even know why I was bothering to impart knowledge of flight unto these colts.

I think I was merely coping, surviving in a world alone, when I was so used to being supported, to being carried around by those I love.

There is no one left in this world who I love.
Or is there?

I think I do this because it is familiar, easy, something I hold inexplicable confidence in. It is a comfort to me, I suppose. Teaching, authority, was in my blood, I guess I inherited some of my father's traits without realising it. He was so natural at it though, he revelled in seeing those around him push their bodies to the limit, to work towards a common goal of simply being the best one physically can possibly be. It was drilled into me since birth, and so I have fallen into the habit of easily maintaining a fit, sculptured bodice, prepared for any physical altercation. At least physically, I was whole and fit.

It was my soul that was broken.

Kind, supportive laughter drifted out from my lips as I watched the colts attempt to mimic my motions. I smile warmly, excited to see their progress. "That's great," I say encouragingly, nodding to each foal before me. "I want you to do it as much as possible, all the time, stretch and move your wings. Your back and shoulders will get sore, but then you must push some more. Soon, your muscles will grow big and strong, and eventually.." My wings stretch out horizontally to my sides, and I summon a great updraught to fill my wings. My smile turns mischievous as with a wild toss of my dreadlocked mane, I suddenly shoot towards the sky, propelled completely by the magic that flows so readily in my veins.

It is exhilarating, as it always is. I let the sensation fill every fibre of my being, sighing with pleasure as I push myself forward, so that I fly a smooth curve around the clearing. Coming to land, I balance myself carefully, extending my legs and moving into a light-footed trot as I tuck my wings back down alongside Brisa. Filled with the joy of flight and feeling more alive then I have felt in months, I move to gently bump my maw against Brisa's shoulder. "I'm Cirrus, by the way. And thi.." I stop suddenly, too caught up in the moment to forget that you aren't there to introduce. My breaths come in a rapid-fire succession, as the look of shock takes over my face momentarily. I feel gutted, sliced open, like someone is dissecting my soul all over again..

"And that is how you fly." I catch my breath and finish my sentence, suppressing the gasps with a small struggle. I am trembling, but I hope my company writes it off as part of the adrenalin-induced joy of flight.

[[ @[Brisa] eek sorry for double tag! ]]
bg - table - manip
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Here's To Never Growing Up [Cirrus][Open] - by Cirrus - 06-10-2014, 12:30 AM