the Rift

[OPEN] Here's To Never Growing Up [Cirrus][Open]

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Swiftly I hoped the stammer of words that had tumbled from my lips would be overlooked, that the crack in my demeanour would not be widened, but rather skipped over, forgotten, shoved to the side. It was bad enough that my nerves were so suddenly exposed, rubbed raw by my slip of tongue, by my natural need to introduce you, to assume that you are still here to introduce, I did not then need strangers prying into my inner workings, the very foundations of my soul, areas of which were previously occupied by you and your glorious soul. My limbs shiver still from the slip of mouth, my tail twitching nervously, the long hairs shuddering down its leonine length. I look at the mare, almost reluctantly, and hope that she does not enquire further.

The wind blows, rustling through my dreadlocked tendrils.

The concern that glows behind Brisa's eyes does not venture any further then her icy gaze, and for that, I am eternally grateful. I try to shush the wind that has stirred, but it stubbornly ignores my attempts at controlling it, and so we are blessed with a breeze that does provide some much needed cooling on a hot summer's day. A small worry blossoms at the back of my mind, as I recall recent experiences with my own magic resulting in less-then-desirable circumstances. That will not happen today.. I hope.

Gladly, I turn my attention to the words she speaks, accepting the gentle caress she offers, though nervous twitches still rattle down my spine from my slip up. I plaster what I hope is a kind smile upon my maw, though it probably resembles something more like a madman embracing their insane tendencies. The colts provide me with further distraction, as I take in their stunned facades, the gleam of admiration in their gazes, the awkward, youthful attempts of replicating the exercises I gave them. My smile does soften to something more genuine, less asylum looking, as Aeolus asks his question. I remember when my father taught me to fly, how eager and excited I was. I remember when he asked me to get him a palm tree leaf, for no other reason then to see me riddle out exactly how I would achieve it. I did, of course, through much effort and failed attempts, deliver him with said palm tree leaf, and he treated me like a goddess for it.

I miss him. I miss you. But there is nothing I can do about that, except remember you both.

"One day, you will soar through the clouds, riding rainbows and challenging the howling wind to duels." I say encouragingly, probably not the words a mother of youngsters wants to hear, but true nonetheless. There is nothing more grand than flying for a pegasus, it is something that we all embrace, that we live, something that a pegasus will try to master better then his fellows just so that he can say he is the best.

"But you can only do that if you practise practise practise, and when you are exhausted and just want to stop, you need to keep going!" The wind seems to get stronger, not unbearably so, but certainly more prevalent as I speak, my sharp, cerulean gaze holding feverishly with the colts. I don't even know how much they understand, or grasp about what I am talking about, youthful that they are, but that does not deter me from impressing the wonder that is flying upon them. I look back to Brisa, my façade still flushed with excitement from my description of the wonders of flight. "Don't worry," I say to the mother, "they won't have the guts to jump off the cliff of the World's Edge for a few more months yet." I wink playfully, hardly realising that I just revealed my recognition of her herdland without even trying..

[[ @[Brisa] sorry for the wait love ]]
bg - table - manip
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Here's To Never Growing Up [Cirrus][Open] - by Cirrus - 06-15-2014, 09:56 PM