the Rift

[PRIVATE] the drumbeat carries on

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Archibald stood silently, golden eyes looking out upon those he stood victorious over. Ktulu came to his side, a thankful look in her eye. He gave her a simple nod, watching her with a knowing look. He did not need to say more, they were both aware of what happened and what would have happened had he not chosen to do what he had done. Gently, he reached down with his pale muzzle and planted a dry kiss on the point of her shoulder. Loretta, with her flames of battle dying down, whined deeply. The Dauntless turned sharply, his body igniting in protest. He was covered in bruises and his muscles pulled against his will, but he was fine. Loretta, however, had taken the brunt of Fiore's kick, and was hurting badly. As the warlord was reaching down to console his bondmate, he heard the trumpet call.

Lakota came racing before them, capturing Archibald's attention. He had not even noticed those that gathered on the ridge until now, their shadowy figures blurs behind the racing blue roan. The brute scoffed lightly, his tail flicking across his hocks with distaste. He did not know any of those gathered behind Lakota, but he knew each of them would know him. Perhaps they would be wise to the prowess he held, that each had witnessed first hand. As the Poisoner closed the distance between them she fussed, in her way, over their bodies and wounds. Archibald reached down to her petite form to plant the same, dry kiss on the point of her shoulder as she reached out with her dark muzzle to comfort his sore body. Archibald sighed, still silent, and listened to the healer's words.

"I am fine, I have seen worse." He knew that Lakota knew that, for she had greeted him at the borders after he had invaded these lands. She had healed his burns and sewed his muscles back together. She knew his body from that day on, from the knowledge the Earth God had given her to see where others could not. He knew that she, too, knew he was fine, but that would never stop her from worrying. "Ktulu is burned from lightning. She needs a healer. Loretta took a kick in the ribs and is in great pain. Help them."

I see you lying next to me
With words I thought I'd never speak
Awake and unafraid, asleep or dead
image credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
the drumbeat carries on - by Lakota - 06-08-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: the drumbeat carries on - by Archibald - 07-01-2014, 09:12 AM