the Rift

[PRIVATE] the drumbeat carries on

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

THEY SAY WE'LL ROT IN HELL, I DON'T THINK WE WILL

Whiskered muzzle kisses the point of her shoulder and she pauses in her fussing to smile beatifically at the brute. She is proud. These two, they are her family. They have triumphed. They have shown them all that the Grey may not live as a name any longer, but it lives in their hearts, strong and vivid and everlasting. Ever since the beginning they were more than just mercenaries, more than a group or a title or even a whisper of rumored acts passing from lips to aurals. They were family. Lakota would defend them with her very life, would bleed and suffer and break her own bones for them. And they made her so infinitely proud. It shone through her violet eyes, a beacon of that pride, stronger than any emotion she had ever felt aside from love and hate. "I am proud of you, my brother." It is said fiercely with glittering eyes swimming with it, smirk curling her lips. They have won.

Deep words touch her ears and her smirk only widens in amusement, laughing softly as she sends Aodaun out to find the herbs that grew among the Edge soil naturally, reluctant to access the herb box without necessity. "I know your body and boundaries well, Archibald. I will fuss over my family regardless." There is a tinge of playful amusement in the prior portions of her words, and she recalls her dear friend Circe. Well, she didn't know Archibald's body as well as Circe, but she wasn't uninformed. It made her laugh to herself rather salaciously.

Then of course her mate objected rather similarly and she cocked an eyebrow a tad sassily at Ktulu. "No, I act like you're too stubborn to admit when you need help because it's the truth. And I love you like the sappiest of mares in Birdsong, and will thank Archibald adequately. Now hush." Truly she is likely one of the few able to tell Ktulu that in any version of seriousness, but Ktulu also knows just how easily Lakota can snap and select a poison to make her more complacent. Of course she never would, but the mated pair respected one another's power.

She felt useless as they begged her to heal them, brow crinkling. She could not heal them, but she could numb the pain until Resplendence or Alysanne could tend to them. Of course she was selfish, and would not extend such a gift to those who had fought in the arena with them. A hollow look overtook her, wishing she had more she could do for the ones she loved the most. "I do not have that power any longer. But I can numb the pain until one of the Doctors can see to you. Breathe in deeply, Loretta and Eytan as well," she instructed. Reaching deep into herself she tapped into the flow of magic ever present in her veins, summoning the mists and letting it flow amongst the four who need it most, careful not to inhale it herself. It would do no damage but it was better used on the ones who were truly in pain. Holding the cloud for a few long moments to ensure it had been effective, she released a breath she didn't know she'd been holding and let it dissipate.

Aodaun arrived shortly thereafter, bundles of chamomile, all-heal and arnica clasped gingerly in his jaws. Lakota got to work immediately, directing Aodaun verbally so that the other two would know what she was intending, especially remembering Loretta's general temperament towards the polar bear the last time. "Aodaun, give Loretta the All-Heal and the Arnica. Archibald, you chew up and eat half of each as well. They help with general pain management and bruises, you'll need them when my magic wears off. You can't feel them now but they'll hurt the same if the Doctors don't heal you before it's gone." Grasping the chamomile that Aodaun had placed, she quickly chewed it into a disgusting goop before turning and letting it smear over Ktulu's burns, covering as much of the burn as she could before stepping back.

"That should create far less work for the healers. I'm sorry I can't do more." Her voice was gruff and reserved, ashamed. She couldn't help her family. She was useless now, and she hated it. Hated that she had to entrust her family's health to someone aside from herself. Aodaun whined softly from where he stood between Loretta and Archibald. Did well anyway, he comforted softly.

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
the drumbeat carries on - by Lakota - 06-08-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: the drumbeat carries on - by Archibald - 07-01-2014, 09:12 AM
RE: the drumbeat carries on - by Ktulu - 07-03-2014, 11:09 PM
RE: the drumbeat carries on - by Lakota - 07-29-2014, 12:31 AM