the Rift

[OPEN] {|| Asking for Directions ||}

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
"What idiots? What are you talking about?"

Her sunset pools have been replaced by pale flame, and an annoyed blast of air is expelled from her nostrils. The maiden has no intention of being baited by the giant's condescending words, but her bold nature overcomes her desire to remain calm. The bird's feathers can be ruffled easily -- as much as she will never admit -- and the horned brute has managed to do just that. Does he think he is smart for sparking anger inside the volatile creature? Or does he not understand that she has no problem in teaching him to succumb to her will?

But he is surely not so dumb as to think that. Has he recognized her as a beast that hides behind a false image of color and decoration? If the fool has managed to come to such a conclusion, the devious maiden will make sure to reward him for his discovery. The shire is the first to uncover the secrets behind her brilliant mask, and Bellona finds this impressive. She mentally rewards him with some dark humor -- well done, Log of Shit -- and follows it up with words that hold some promise.

"I make demands as I see fit, and, just as well, I act as I see fit."

Skirting the edge of the thistles that had attacked her, the peahen flies closer to the mountain so that she is perched at its base. In reality the maiden has only closed the gap between them, allowing her to force her hard gaze into his softened one. She does not see weakness there, but what she does see surprises her; his molten pools of mud and dirt do not reflect the fierce sense of ambition that has taken hold of her, but they do possess a dulled version of it. The chieftess cannot decide whether this lack of emotion in their depths is a consequence or a boon. Is one better off with a lack of thoughts and feelings? She will have to ask him one day, if their paths are to cross under similar circumstances. But she is getting ahead of herself again, for she has not even finished their current conversation.

"And what gives you the right to inquire about benefit?" Absolutely nothing. Bellona admires the bay for being so bold, and offers him a sly smile. Why offer your services if you cannot gain something from it? "But I don't care about who has what right. Not yet. There will be a time for that, but that time will come later. Right now, I think the only thing that you should require is the brawn that lies beneath your dingy hide, and the loyalty that lies in that." A stained wing gestures towards the dark cloud, and the malicious peahen makes sure to send a gust of wind its way.

"You may need it later. You never know what might come our way, or what we may strive towards."

If he can uncover her meaning as he has uncovered her true self, then he has found himself an ally in the vehement warrior. Let us see just what is inside that mind.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."
BellonA
breathing life into battered bones
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Messages In This Thread
{|| Asking for Directions ||} - by Bellona - 06-11-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: {|| Asking for Directions ||} - by Oxy - 06-14-2014, 05:24 PM
RE: {|| Asking for Directions ||} - by Bellona - 06-15-2014, 03:22 PM
RE: {|| Asking for Directions ||} - by Oxy - 06-20-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: {|| Asking for Directions ||} - by Bellona - 06-22-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: {|| Asking for Directions ||} - by Oxy - 06-27-2014, 05:32 PM
RE: {|| Asking for Directions ||} - by Bellona - 06-28-2014, 01:00 AM
RE: {|| Asking for Directions ||} - by Oxy - 06-28-2014, 12:54 PM
RE: {|| Asking for Directions ||} - by Bellona - 06-28-2014, 08:19 PM