the Rift

Desperately Seeking... Something

Petra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The champagne mare slowed her pace further, and even came to a short, subtle stop when the young queen made her offer. A scampering squirrel flitting about the forest floor easily outpaced her. Petra was conflicted. She had been without a proper home for some time now. She missed the companionship and security a herd offered; she longed for consistency and stability again. But she also knew that she may not be fit to be around others in her current state, and it wasn't just the filth she was covered in – which she was still acutely aware of. At the same time, she had enjoyed the sense of camaraderie she had felt during this brief interlude. Petra hoped Kahlua's mind was slightly more at ease now.

“We would pass through a meadow on the way, we could stop to eat. I was so hungry when I got here...”

Petra was somewhat flustered when her stomach chose that exact moment to elicit a long, loud, gnawing rumble. She shuffled her hooves and flicked her tail nervously, hoping to conceal the embarrassing noise. Why now? Although she should hardly have been surprised, going with little to no food for weeks on end would naturally give that response. Perhaps it was finally time to allow herself the luxury of eating. Eating would be good. I'm *ahem* starving as well, she said nervously with the lightest touch playfulness, a bemused expression in her eyes. Ah... frivolity. She had missed that too.

It was decided. Petra would follow Kahlua to, was it the Edge that she had called it? The Edge. It sounded somewhat ominous. But maybe she needed to go to the edge to find her happiness again. Petra tossed her head a bit, flecks of dust raining down, and used her remaining stores of energy to surge forward. For the first time in a long time she felt a glimmer of hope. She turned her head back to Kahlua, her eyes now sparkling. And yes, I'd love to join you at the Edge.

[OOC: thank you so much! :)]

Petra walking.
Petra thinking.
Petra talking.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-11-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-11-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-11-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-11-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Petra - 06-14-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Desperately Seeking... Something - by Kahlua - 06-14-2014, 03:13 PM