the Rift

[OPEN] The Bindings That Tie Us [CRAFTER'S MEETING]

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
As everyone settled into their work, Dragomir tried his best to pour his focus into his own vine and not on the fact that the woman he wanted but could not have was just over there. It seemed that fate would have them be near each other, but it was painful, and he wonders as he steps away from his work to look upon what the others are doing why it is the Gods find it so fitting to cause angst in him. His partially finished vine is grasped in his dark lips to help show the others more personally how to do it.

He pauses before Nasreen and looks down at her vine after setting his on a nearby stone so she can watch him, seeing the same overworking on the first bit of the length that had existed on his own; he smiles fondly in light of her admittance that she feels as if she’s not doing a very good job, seeing so much of his own fears in that statement that he cannot help but feel almost instantaneous kinship with the russet and ivory mare. Kahlua’s voice softly sends praise and assurance, for which he is grateful – but also feels another deep pang within himself at the sweet sound of her kindness. Kahlua asks a question as well, but it is Nasreen he answers first after a quick glance and fleeting, meager grin is given to the Queen.

"I’ve been practicing for the last week or so," he explains, his deep voice rolling and patient, "you’re doing well. The trick is to keep the weight even across the hoof as you press and grind into it so it doesn’t break the natural fibers." He demonstrates as he talks, his large hoof settling down and pressing firmly into it for grip at first before he starts to waggle it.

"I came up with the idea watching the trees," he answers with a deep, rumbling chuckle, finding the notion much more amusing now that he said it out loud than it had been at the time, "a branch would break a single vine as it fell from above, but many vines would hold it. I began to wonder if it was possible to make the strength of many vines into the size of one." He lifts his face from his work, turning to look more fully at the woman who had stolen his heart and that, to his best knowledge, had simply tossed it into the sea.

It is all he has to remain straight faced, more cold than he usually was when facing his friend but finding no better way to deal with talking to her at this time. "When I started collecting the vines, I noticed they were made of many smaller strands and began my trial pieces from there," taking a few long steps to where the completed rope hung from the branches above, he admires it and the quickness with which he’d figured out how to make his idea function fills him with pride, "I thought it might make it stronger if I braided them, but it was a tedious process and I nearly tangled my first vine into a useless knot trying. So we have this method, which works. This rope can hold much more weight than it could as a vine."

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bindings That Tie Us [CRAFTER'S MEETING] - by Dragomir - 07-21-2014, 02:07 PM