the Rift

[OPEN] It's not the same!

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Guilt had been a tangible thing in the angel's life since Skysong had wondered away so long ago. She had searched, of course - oh, she had tried, never enough, but she tried. Helovia was simply so big, and so vast, and she hadn't the slightest idea where to begin her search, and it was so overwhelming, and wouldn't the filly come back to somewhere she knew, eventually? Wouldn't she want to be with her family, in a herd that she knew, in a land that she loved? Or had she simply been so sick of her mother's overprotection, so eager to be free without rules or regulations, that she would never return? And so the seasons had passed as the dove worried, and waited, and hoped, and prayed - and Skysong had never returned.

And so when Zenobia was born, she had decided not to smother her, was determined to let her have her freedom - and so when the darkness came, she had assumed that the youngling had been with the herd, in the large group that pressed into the vast underground caves, had assumed that she had made it or met up with her father or something, and though she had looked as she ran, again making the mistake of assuming that her children would naturally gravitate towards those they knew, she did not see Zenobia. And when they emerged, months later, from the underground, she had feared the worst. Again, she thought that, rather than searching everywhere and nowhere all at once, wouldn't Zenobia try and find her way home, if she was still alive?

And now, now that she had finally given up hope - it turned out that she had been right!

Maybe she wasn't such a terrible mother, after all.

They were reunited in a flurry of limbs and feathers, a myriad of touches and squeals; and even when the filly called her by name, Sohalia could hardly be cross with her because, oh, oh, she was here, and she was alive, and she was here. "Oh, darling, where have you been? I was worried sick! I looked for you, I searched and I called and you weren't there and - oh, Zenobia, I'm so sorry, my love, I'm so sorry that I wasn't there with you!"

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
It's not the same! - by Zenobia - 06-12-2014, 10:14 PM
RE: It's not the same! - by Sohalia - 06-13-2014, 02:38 AM
RE: It's not the same! - by Sohalia - 07-06-2014, 03:25 PM