Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

I know your wavering heart, intimately</style>

“You have talents, Nayati – I’ve already seen them.”

“Oh but you are saints. To me you are. You saved us.”

“We’re both important to the herd.”

A soft sigh escaped the snowy lips of the young mare, long colorless lashes kissing her cheeks as brilliant, bloody red eyes shuttered to a close. Oh Alysanne... A growing weight landed upon her crest, and the young lass turned to gaze at the ruby dracon peering down at her. Concern welled up from within him, washing over their bond and into her consciousness. Smiling somewhat sadly, the fae looked away from her bonded's searching, soulful gaze. "She was wrong, Rath. I'm not...I'm not important." Soft, defeated words were met with a crooning sound from her bonded, denial sweeping over her only for her to ignore it. No, she was unimportant. Useless. There was nothing that she did for her herd, no value to her residing in the lands she loved. Alysanne, on the other side of the scale, was invaluable to the safety and ability of their herd. She healed, while all Nayati did was blend into the pale mists of the world around her.

Knowing he would not be listened to, that his princess thought too little of herself to believe what he said to contest such sorrowful thoughts. Instead, he turned and lifted into the skies, leaving her crest with a tiny prickle of claws against skin. Nayati watched him fly, smiling to herself. He was growing so big...soon, he would be able to speak to her, and she was excited for such a development. His personality was rather obvious to her, but it would solidify what she knew so intimately about him to hear him speak in her mind.

Together, the pair walked farther into the forest, flowers sprouting in a clear trail behind the spotted dame as she kept her eyes on the sky. There was nowhere for her to be, nothing for her to do. The warm metal of the twisted flower necklace Argetlam had crafted for her was a loving reminder of friendship, of a time when she'd been less lonely, and the baubles strung lovingly throughout her mane and tail were testament to the friendly fairies she'd so often visited after helping Destrier obtain his emerald dragon. Jealousy washed over her from Rathunax, and she laughed softly aloud, waving away his pettiness. I wouldn't want any dragon aside from you, she assured, smiling to herself when his pleasure spiked, practically mentally preening at her words.

Silly dragon. You're all I have. I love you.

He would never need words to let her know just how much he loved her, for she felt it nearly drowning her in his response.

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
devotion - by Nayati - 06-14-2014, 01:11 AM
RE: devotion - by Quilyan - 06-14-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: devotion - by Resplendence - 06-15-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: devotion - by Nayati - 06-23-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: devotion - by Quilyan - 07-01-2014, 10:51 PM
RE: devotion - by Resplendence - 07-14-2014, 03:24 AM
RE: devotion - by Nayati - 08-12-2014, 03:00 AM
RE: devotion - by Quilyan - 08-22-2014, 09:17 AM