the Rift

Poll: Vote for one of each of the topics (check three boxes total!)
This poll is closed.
Aurelia: Hold Trial
23.33%
14 23.33%
Aurelia: Maintain Banishment
11.67%
7 11.67%
Basin Alliance: Yes
15.00%
9 15.00%
Basin Alliance: No or Maybe or Need More Thought
18.33%
11 18.33%
Asylum Alliance: Yes
8.33%
5 8.33%
Asylum Alliance: No or Maybe or Needs More Thought
23.33%
14 23.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[OPEN] Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kaj
The Stormbringer
Kahlua
The Sunshower
With the challenge behind her, the heartbroken queen consoled and healed by her two best friends in the whole world, Kahlua began to put the pieces of herself back together. First on her list of things to do was to reorganize the herd with Kaj. She hoped he would take notice that she had been spending more time in the Edge as of late, tending to more of her duties and in general trying to be a better queen for him. Indeed, with the exception of two days where she had run off in the middle of the night without telling him, she had been within the draconian forest for most of the last month or two. She had been home to answer the challenge, after all... She was not intuitive enough to sense that he may be upset with her for her constant absence previously, but she had noticed him looking more bedraggled and broken down as of late.

Normally she would have chosen the spot where they had met after the darkness has receded, but today the Sunshower felt that she needed the strength of the DragonHeart. Going to their old meeting location, where her beautiful glass dragon stood in the grass on the ground, the queen mounted a small mound of earth and cried out to her herd, looking back for her King to watch him join at her side.

-Hiatus while everyone gathers-

When as many had gathered as would come, Kahlua proffered a smile to them all, though her broken and worn heart showed easily on her face. She was mentally exhausted, tired to her very core, but it had been too long since they had last gathered and the King and Queen had much to share with them. Looking to her king, glad that they had at least had a chance to talk about what they needed to share with everyone along the way, Kahlua sighed softly. She wanted alone time with him. Once again, she needed him for strength. However, for once, the painted queen found that she wanted to offer him her own shoulder and let him lean against her as well. Perhaps she was learning to be slightly less selfish.

“My friends, it has been too long,” she began, her tired voice trying so very hard to be strong for them, but the queen was a poor liar and an even poorer actor. But then, what did it matter if her family knew that she was exhausted? “I'm so glad to have you all here, we are building our numbers and getting stronger every day. Now we need to go out and make friends in Helovia, to build bonds between the herds and to spread our aim of peace as far as we can.” Pausing, she considered where to start and finally decided on Aurelia. “Unfortunately, I must share a story about our Seer Aurelia with you. She went to the Hidden Falls herd, crossed their borders without permission and then attacked their members. She was returned by members of the Asylum that live within the Hidden Falls. We were going to ask the herd if they wished to hold a trial when she challenged me for leadership.” The queen stopped, still chocked up about the snake, but pressed against her King and looked to the glass dragon for strength. “I came out victorious. She is temporarily banished from the Edge. We ask you now- would you have us hold a trial, or would you have us maintain her banishment without one? It is your decision.” She waited a moment then added, “However, regardless of your decision, Kaj and I will not have her on our council any longer. We are once again seeking someone to fill the position of Seer.”

“On a lighter note, the Lady Moon has been very generous to us. Eva, I have a gift for you.” From her basket, which she had carried to the meeting, Kahlua pulled out a purple feather that billowed dark smoke and reached her neck out to hand it off. “Res, a gift awaits you at the head of the garden, thank you for your always loyal service. Also, Aly, there is something special for you setting in the back of the glass cart that Aaron crafted for us. I think you will be quite happy to see what awaits you.” Smiling gently, the queen then stepped aside to let her King take over. Her strength was gone. She had been strong for them long enough, now it was his turn.

OOC| Your character needs to vote on several things. There is a poll above that you can use. Notice that you can select multiple options. One option for each category- Aurelia Trial, Basin Alliance, and Asylum Alliance- needs to be selected. See Kaj's post below for information on the Basin Alliance and Asylum Alliance. Your character should respond IC as well, this just makes it easier for Brit and I to keep track. For the sake of my sanity, please vote from your Edge character's account- if you have more than one character you may vote more than once. The poll will automatically close in 14 days, the deadline for the herd meeting. Each character you have within the Edge that responds to the herd meeting should vote. If you have a legitimate reason for not being able to post (prolonged absence) you may still vote. Otherwise, if you do not post, you should not vote. Thank you!

Evangeline has been gifted a Moon Goddess feather that creates black smoke, Resplendence has been gifted a large item, and Alysanne has been gifted a Moon Goddess amulet. Congratulations!

Please wait for Kaj to post before posting!
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Kahlua - 06-21-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Hamaliel - 07-04-2014, 05:02 PM