the Rift

Poll: Vote for one of each of the topics (check three boxes total!)
This poll is closed.
Aurelia: Hold Trial
23.33%
14 23.33%
Aurelia: Maintain Banishment
11.67%
7 11.67%
Basin Alliance: Yes
15.00%
9 15.00%
Basin Alliance: No or Maybe or Need More Thought
18.33%
11 18.33%
Asylum Alliance: Yes
8.33%
5 8.33%
Asylum Alliance: No or Maybe or Needs More Thought
23.33%
14 23.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[OPEN] Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier
looking for heaven, found a devil in me
No time was wasted as our lady called out, beckoning the herd to come and gather for what could only be a meeting. Having been treating ourselves to a break at the springs after our morning patrol, it didn't take long for Suli and I to arrive, the emerald flying along at my side as we moved and then taking perch between my ears, her poise attentive as violet eyes looked on at our leaders. It seemed we were the first to be standing in the presence of our King and Queen.

Looking to the sandy stallion whom I had once stood so proudly beside as a brother and a Wingleader, I felt a terrible mix of guilt and misery knot within the depths of my chest. Had he come to look at me differently now, once gentle blue eyes turned ice cold in hate should they land upon me, now that I had been gone for so long and failed both him and the herd?

Sucking in a deep breath, I tucked my chin closer to my chest in a respectful bow of my head to the Lord and Lady, as well as an attempt to hide the torment in my eyes.

I'm so sorry, brother...

Others soon gathered, and it was only then that the meeting began. Kahlua was the first to speak, and I listened intently as she spoke of a mare called Aurelia, and it was with startling realization that I recalled the Pegasus. She had been there during Resplendence's nightmare, accused of burning our family and setting the place ablaze... I'd given her little to no attention then, as she'd seemed lost and, honestly, harmless in my eyes, but to hear that she had challenged Kahlua, trespassed into another herd and attacked members...

Dark lips pulled back into a thin line as I considered briefly the given choices, my answer coming easily. "I say put her on trial," came the firm spoken words, "Have her explain her crimes in the Falls, as well as her reasons for challenge." Even if the winged lass' intentions were none of my business, and I had no qualms with challenging for positions, I couldn't possibly see why such a young girl would want so much responsibility placed upon her shoulders, nor what she thought she could do to make our home better. But maybe I was just bitter.

Kaj was next to speak, first of a Confutatis who had challenged the Storm Bringer for his crown, then of the Basin and our currents standing with them. I had only traveled there once with Kahlua, when our herds had exchanged a glass scorpion with them as a show of peace, and though they had accepted it I could still remember the stares that were far colder than the arctic chill around us. Even more so, I could remember their numbers pouring into our home and the Dragon's Throat and causing unnecessary bloodshed. "How can we trust those who had aimed to kill us, to now watch our backs?" It was a genuine question, and the topic was one I yearned to know more of. I knew not what had transpired between the Edge and the Basin since my departure from Helovia.

Then, the Falls were brought up again. Unknowing that the land had once been the Foothills, I wasn't entirely sure where it was let alone anything about it, but I was more than ready to become an active body within the Edge again and see the land for myself. "I will travel with anyone who wishes to go to the Falls." As if in agreement, Suli growled lowly within her throat and ruffle her wings before settling them back against her lithe sides.

Lastly, Kaj addressed those that were warriors, and my head lifted a little higher only to fall once more. There had been a tournament in my absence, much like the one that had named me Wingleader so long ago. The names spoken were foreign on my ears, and I turned my head to look upon the newly named Captain's of the Edge. Greed reared its ugly face as I looked upon them, but perhaps the most prominent look plaguing my eyes was that of unsung grief. It would be hard to look upon them, at least for a little while, but they already had my utmost respect.

Sergeants were named next, two fellows called Fiore and Note. I looked upon them as well with a kind eye and gentle smile; the three of us had proved our prowess in battle one way or another, and aside from the two new Captains, it would be up to us to lead and teach the Edge's Protectors.

(This is pretty bad but ohmigosh so much stuff)

"bloop"
x - x

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Destrier - 06-23-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Hamaliel - 07-04-2014, 05:02 PM