the Rift

Poll: Vote for one of each of the topics (check three boxes total!)
This poll is closed.
Aurelia: Hold Trial
23.33%
14 23.33%
Aurelia: Maintain Banishment
11.67%
7 11.67%
Basin Alliance: Yes
15.00%
9 15.00%
Basin Alliance: No or Maybe or Need More Thought
18.33%
11 18.33%
Asylum Alliance: Yes
8.33%
5 8.33%
Asylum Alliance: No or Maybe or Needs More Thought
23.33%
14 23.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[OPEN] Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Luken Posts: 27
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.0 :: Three Years [Tallsun Born] HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
If I Shout and Can't Be Heard,
I Want to be Destroyed at Your Hands</style>

While I Can Still be Called "Me"

When the summons came, I was quick to answer.

There were already a number of souls gathered to listen to the meeting of our King and Queen, and I fell in line like a good soldier and civilian should. The tips of my ears were cocked forward, upwards and poised at the heavens in rapt attention as my large, tobiano frame slowly ambled through the crowds, searching for the familiar ebonite form of my distant father. I yearned for his company, I desired his devotion and words of wisdom, and when the chocolate orbs of my gaze landed upon his defeatist form, I made haste to his side.

"... Pa." The greeting was soft, something that was only meant for his ears and for Suli, if she understood the words we spoke as Equines. My hooves stopped their advancement as I came to rest beside him, just a muzzle's-length away to his right, and by the Gods, when I did I begin to surpass him in height? The realization was disheartening, painfully so, and it tore at my heart and made my insides ache. It wasn't the same as the sun-shaped mark that steadily burned the skin of my right shoulder, but more encompassing, more sharp like a stick had been lodged within my pale breast.

Did Destrier think he failed as a father when he looked upon me? Did he blame himself for things that were so out of his control? It was not him, but me... But if my father had taught me anything, it was that our pasts did nothing but bind us in turmoil, and that we had to look towards the future if we wanted to achieve greatness.

Gently I moved my muzzle to the left to brush it affectionately against the high point of his shoulder, and I lipped him gently, savoring his familiar smell. My father was the only of my family who remained, and I showed a poor job of repaying his kindness and generosity. I had to get better about that.

As the King and Queen began to speak, my eyes drifted and roamed over the familiar form of Kaj, remembering the days where he served alongside Destrier as Edge Wingleader. Such things had changed... My eyes, then, rested on Kahlua, and I couldn't help the shiver that slowly crept down my spine at the familiar sight of her. I remembered the day we had first crossed paths... And idly I wondered if she could recall such torturous events.

She had been a monster then, an infected wraith, a lost soul, but she had still tried to rip me limb from limb... And now she was my Queen. I was expected to bow to her, and the taste of that knowledge was bitter upon my tongue. A sigh escaped my lips, and I still listened... Because that is what a good soldier did.

"A trial," I respond with conviction that surprised even myself, "I want to hear what she has to say." I wasn't familiar with many of the affairs of the Edge herd anymore, nor was I familiar with many of those who lived here, but it was still my home. Even if Kahlua had once tried to kill me and possibly devour my very insides, she was a Queen, and should have been treated like one. If not for Destrier's kindness in my upbringing, I probably would have agreed with those who yearned to deny Aurelia any kind of trial... But through my father, I learned forgiveness, and I learned it was possible to repent.

Kahlua showed obvious signs of that now.

"Are we not all capable of redeeming ourselves?" And here, my eyes lingered on the gaze of the Sunshower, uncertain if she even knew who I was. No matter.

I had said my peace, and I planned to leave it at that. Let the others decide who would, or wouldn't, be our allies. My worry had turned to my father, and I simply stood with my head lowered, and listened to his breathing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Luken - 06-25-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Hamaliel - 07-04-2014, 05:02 PM